Suzuki SV stolen

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Great to hear Morris. I had to do a double take because a guy on SVRider just had his stolen by a father son pair, eeirly similar in Ohio.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Hell I wouldn't get hotbodies. Get high dollar shit. Hb is fine. I've used it before but it is a little cheaper and doesn't fit quite as easily imo. And for some reason I've had more difficulty repairing hb without it cracking down the road but that part could just be me not knowing what I'm doing. Either way I'd sue for the most expensive bodywork you can find.

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

well then, since the dudes were armed you are saying I am not justified? You ever had a handgun pointed at you asswipe? I have and the presence of my 45 pointed at the 2 breaking into my front door in Orlando made the punk w/the 25 cal think twice. They ran fast away, not a shot fired. But my pacifist beeber, come try your luck. The deputies where I live believe in citizens having the right to defend property and loved ones. And I will put a sign up in the front yard with a definitive warning. I want the thugs to know my home is not the one to assault. If I were a bad guy after your post, I would have you all lined up as an easy target.
    And dirtbag, we have home security but the shits broke into my wife's car and used her garage door opener.
    But to read your thoughtless dribble after what my wife and I have just experienced, so you can be 'cool', places you lower than dirt in my book.
    Meshigina you are.

you are probably right. Have an upcoming meet with the victim advocate and will try to judge where we stand

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

All a home invader needs to hear is the sound of the 12 gauge pump CLICK CLANKING the shell into the chamber. If they don't take that as a warning from the other room they deserve what they are about to get. Pretty shitty your bike got stolen but a relief in the same breath you were able to get it back. Make sure that trans shifts ok under load before you go to the track again.

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Really glad to hear you got the bike back Morris. Thieves suck.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

You're off your meds Dude.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Go fuck yourself honey. Well no, that is too common an occurance for you.
    I love being a member of WERA as many of you are family to Kathy and myself. But unfortunately, like any organization, there is a small percentage of lowlife idiots that take pleasure in others' pain.
    Well you brave and courageous lowlifes, please state your character demeaning remarks to my face next time you see me. I will be more than happy to hold an 'intelligent' conversation with you.:moon:

Note: sorry for the bad language Sean and Ev, but dammit, some of these folks need to be called out.

Due to the damage of the SV I will not make Barber but hopefully RRR. I had it out on the road yesterday. Tranny and motor are OK. Gonna do a compression check. A bunch of the Vortex shit is bent to hell and must be replaced. Not cheap. Gonna get Ted at AutoGlo to paint the new bodywork, same scheme as before.

9. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

they are sill in jail and I don't see them out before trial. Multiple felony charges being filed to include possesion of cocaine and pills.

From the Captain of the Harris County, GA Sheriff's Department of which I spoke to this morning: "you don't even need a permit when someone breaks into your home. By law you may come out armed."

You must live in New Jersey. Update: the 45acp will be on my waist and the Remington 870 18" barrel will be my hands. Guess I need to call that atty huh??? Do you need a pic?
    You are one smart dude! All my respect homie.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

With all due respect, even with the gun you still got your bike stolen :Poke:

11. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

I love it when Morris starts calling peeps out on the Beebs...

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He used to be pretty chill on the BBS before he bumped his head.
    Then again, maybe he already was the Hulk away from the keyboard and I just never got to see it. :D

13. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I think every one was just saying if you had ins you would not be out anything,,

Big bird beat me to it .. All them guns you are talking about did not stop them from taking your bike.

14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Man you are an emotional dude.

Your bike got stolen, while I'm presuming you owned the pictured 1911 and also the 12ga. They didn't stop your bike from getting stolen. They won't help you recover money to fix the damage. They may help defend you or your wife's life in the event of a threat, but that isn't what happened here and not what we're discussing.

I get that you're upset your bike got stolen, I would be too. I'm happy you got it back. What I don't understand is the keyboard warrior 'I got all the guns, come at me bro' post, and then the pointed over reaction to Sean Jordan's post. It makes no sense. As I said - they didn't stop your bike from getting stolen. Further, putting signs in your yard about what you plan to do and stating an intention to protect property with a firearm is a recipe to find yourself in court afterwards, civil or criminal. Stating that the deputies like people defending their shit or whatever has zero bearing in what outcomes might happen in a courtroom or a district attorney's office. Personally, I wouldn't risk taking a life to protect an object, but that's just me. I get that others feel differently.

Yeah, my 'you're off your meds' comment was flippant. It was meant to be. This is the beeb, after all. Bottom line is your personality (on here at least) is markedly different post-head trauma.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Morris, you are coming across as a bit ridiculous.

16. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I tend to agree.

While I hate that your bike was stolen and beat up, posting on the internet, and telling a cop that you'd like to harm someone isn't smart. It's s juvenile reaction to a non-violent issue that can, and has landed people in hot water.

I'd look into the insurance thing as well, and see if the deducible is worth the hassle... it's probably not since the bike is repairable for what sounds like about $1500 or so dollars.

Just a thought.

17. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I don't think Sean Jordan's post deserved that kind of response. And I know the anger and violation of having a bike stolen, twice. Glad you got the bike back.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that had to be the beer talking, hopefully anyhow. LOL!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: Yep, two-time winner here too. Neither was recovered (second one was insured).

20. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

You never said that. Someone said you should get insurance and you basically said a handgun was your insurance. Insurance makes you whole in the even of theft, not a physical threat to you or your family. You seemed pretty clear that you would shoot someone for stealing your shit - not for presenting an immediate threat to you or your family's health.

Actually, yes I have. Once.

I didn't say a damn thing criticizing you for being a gun owner or anything that would reasonably imply that I'm pacifist. I very well may own more guns than you do. (And no, hell no, I'm not going to "prove it" by telling the BBS how many.) I have a CCW in Virginia. And an FN Five-Seven for anyone that forces their way into my bedroom in the middle of the night. A lot of other fun shit.

But if someone breaks into my garage to steal my SV, or anything else in my garage, they can have all of it. Because none of it is worth the risk of getting killed over. This is why smart people get insurance for replaceable shit and only rely on deadly force when they absolutely have to.

Ok, I'm sorry, I clearly made some assumptions that were incorrect. So, just to make sure I have it straight, you had home security, but you made it trivially easy to defeat.

Got it.

Here is my problem with your post. Spouting macho bullshit about how you're going to double-tap the next dumb sumbitch you see near your shit is dumb.. (Decent and law-abiding gun owners have enough image problems without adding to it.) Killing someone because they're stealing your shit is dumb too. Publicly announcing your intent to do so is even dumber (and this is true for multiple reasons. First one being: don't broadcast your defenses or your intent. You want them to get the drop on you? Second one: don't broadcast shit that might make it easy for some ambitious D.A. to prosecute you.)

Let people steal your shit. Racebikes aren't worth your life. Don't put yourself in a life-threatening situation unless you have to. I'm not going to argue about "duty to retreat", but if you're smart, you avoid a gunfights at all costs. As the old saying goes - "A superior pilot uses their superior judgement to avoid having to use their superior skills."

If someone comes after you, though, then by all means, let them have it. I'm with you 100% on that.

But your post didn't talk about that at all.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015