MotoAmerica | VIR 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, May 15, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They don't need to fly them in, I've offered.

The offer is still open if they want the help. We've been doing this a long long time.

2. racerxxl

racerxxl Dr. No

3rd round of the series and timing/scoring is still BS and these are professionals? Riders names on screen 4 times, unassigned transponder numbers, and the system is wonky to boot. How are teams supposed to function when timing/scoring doesn't work correctly? What do you tell the rider when he pulls in .8 off the leader in the middle of the session? "Well I'd love to be able to show you where you stack up in the splits, for each section, against all the riders in the session....but they don't have that. Here have a Coke and a smile champ it will all be better later when we can view that data after the session." :mad:

Who are the individuals responsible for timing/scoring and why are they not out looking for a new job?

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

:up:

4. caferace

caferace No.

It's a beeb member who is splitting his time between working across the pond setting up T&S for the IoMTT and flying back for VIR this weekend. I agree, the results (or lack thereof) are totally unacceptable. I would hope some money could fix the problem. Just need some money. The problem is fixable and not rocket science. It definitely has to be fixed before the TT. That would be a disaster on a different scale.

-jim

5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

They started this thing way back in September and are already into their 3rd race weekend for crying out loud !! Why isn't everything perfect already ??

Missing DMG ?? Really ?? Some of ya'll just make me want to :Puke:

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What are they using for timing? I mean, what equipment and all that.

7. caferace

caferace No.

This is not a hardware problem, I'm guessing.

-jim

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

They have only so many chances to gain fans and/or lose them.
    What has improved?
    Nothing.
    Keep making excuses for them. It will get better, right? Well it hasn't and these are easy fixes.
    They are a business out to make money same as any other. Spare me the hoopla to save racing in the U.S. When they start putting a bunch of money into it then I'll be impressed. They aren't doing anything that hasn't been tried and they are doing stuff wrong that was done right before.

Ride safe,
    AAron

9. And where is the advertising?

I am an active person online, on many forums and facebook, have sports packages on TV, etc...and if it wasn't for this thread, I would have no idea there is Pro racing going on.

If they can't make the series/races known and obvious to someone like me who is active in the motorcycle community, how do they expect to reach NEW people?

I should be getting my email, Facebook and TV spammed with advertisements and updates about this weekend.

Ain't got shit.

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Because that costs money and they ain't spending it.

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A banner here is cheap.

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Tell me what they have done that is any better then DMG. They changed up the classes some, and got a couple of new tracks. But what beyond that has improved? They lost the 200, had to have fanschoice come in for streaming (thank you for that), the TV coverage is only highlights for the most part, the timing is horrible, there is little to no fan interaction if you are not at the track. What is better? Really, please help me see it. I want them to be successful, I really do. But I don't live in the states, so I only have timing and streaming to be able to follow what is going on. As an international fan I am completely left out. They have so many easy free ways to connect with fans. I have said it a million times already, get an iPhone and walk the pits. Do some little 1 min interviews and post them on Facebook. Take fan requests and follow up with come small coverage. I know I have zero pull with anything, but I would do it for free if they would get me to the races. I am sure there are a thousand other people in the states that would too. Minor things would make a huge difference to the fans. And the whole idea of "if you want to make it work, the go to the races" idea is really not valid. There are far more people that cannot make it to the track then there are those that can.

13. caferace

caferace No.

Everyone here already knows about it. Broome excluded. :D

I (and others that I know) offered to help spread the word. Not even a declination, just no response. They have issues and I wish they didn't. Not a hard problem to solve.

-jim

14. racerxxl

racerxxl Dr. No

The scoring worked. :D

You realize that the teams have no clue where the bikes or the riders are deficient vs the competition without scoring right? I guess we just all need to break out our Earl Hayden replica clipboards with the 8 stopwatches at the top so we can figure out what is really going on.

Nobody expects perfect but scoring is a very basic part of racing and it still is not working. The guys at the track are livid.

15. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

social media is great for cheap advertisement. Photographers, a few internet addicts, twitter, Instagram, Facebook, all free. bombard that shit. always loved seeing riders discount stuff on fb and they were fielding 2 [expensive!] bikes in DSB. surely MA could gather some resources. ton of interns who'd love to add that shit to their marketing resume

16. backcountryme

Part of it is easy to solve. Appoint someone as the communications director. Post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the like. All those are free. Ask the fans what they want, and deliver on it or at least keep the fans in the loop on why you can't yet. To be totally honest MotoAmerica seems a bit pompous about the whole deal. Or maybe they are in so far over their heads that they are drowning. They have already lost their chance at a good first impression.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Curious..have you attended a race this year? Have you looked at the schedule? Many improvements have been made and many more will come... They just need to shit can this Intel scoring BS... It's been screwed up since COTA but obviously someone has their hands in someone's pockets... Give em a chance...

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You do realize this is the BEEBs....Chances are on BackOrder...:D

(All this should have been tested and in perfect working order before the season started, and sure as heck, should be by working now)

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I will attempt to steam it this weekend in the shop since I'm still busted up and not at Nolla2 racing this weekend :mad:

Won't here me complain about their attempt at least it's something which is better than nothing. :)

20. backcountryme

There are some things that you can give them time on, and some that they have had enough time on. Put it this way, imagine MotoAmerica is a resturant. You go in and order a meal. It doesn't come out for over an hour, and you get no explanation as to why. The meal is good, but the service is bad. So a month later you decide to "give them a chance" again, you know because they were brand new last time and just learning the game. So the second time the give you a menu with just the names of the dishes but no descriptions of the food. When you ask the waiter what the dish is, he just stares blankly at you, no answer. Again, the food is ok, but the service sucks. Will you go back a third time? Will you continue to "just give them a chance"?

And no, I have not attended a race. It would cost me well over $1000 to fly to a round, hotel, food, tickets and such. I don't have that kind of play money.