1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky: why???

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Mar 12, 2015.

1. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Charlie's might be better but I wouldn't take anything for the moment this picture captured...

Attached Files:

2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yes, go to vft.org and scroll down to An Afternoon With Nicky for a couple of pics of Nicky sliding around with the GNC guys.:up:

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Ha!...that's excellent Motodog!....mines from a different angle, more of a side shot.....I'll dig it out and post it. Its one of my favorites.....I LOVED he beat Mladin, twice. :bow:

I'll check that out Slider.....I'll find my dirt track pic too.....I was probably 20' away, right on the fence. All 3 number plates were clearly visible, full one-handed tuck......I got extremely lucky.

Go get em in 2015 Nicky!:up:

4. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

cool!

heres a few I shot that weekend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Such a great year for AMA Superbikes.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It would like to see him leave Moto GP and race another series. I'd really like to see him race flat track again.

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yeah it was....a TWIN....a frikkin TWIN cylinder bike won the title!:up: ......I was happy.

8. Robby Card

Robby Card Well-Known Member

That same year he won 3 TT's and a short track. Stopped Carr's 13 year winning streak at Peoria.

I hope before he is done he comes back and gets the mile win to complete the "grand slam".

Dude is a legend among legends.

9. Funny that you say you've lost respect for NH because I think a lot of people have lost respect for you after that comment.

10. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

For us its a passion and a hobby.
    For them its a business and a career.
    Get them checks for as long as you can. If that means riding around mid pack at the pinical of the sport, or stepping down to another series that wants to pay you to win consistantly.

As fans, yes we want to see our guys win. When they can't do it at the level they're at there is often the cry to remove them. And when you leave on top, there is often the cry of they left too soon.
    I hope he stays healthy and gets paid riding as long as he can, in any series.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wonder what Rodney D. would say....

12. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Just watched the interview with Nicky on Cycle World, to me, it sums up why he is doing what he loves. I have met, Nicky, Earl, Roger and Rose, great people to be around and in 30 seconds ALL their passion is easy to see. Nicky may not be on the best equipment, but he is still doing the best thing for American Racing. How many great stick and ball athletes are not on the best team? For my son to see Nicky's passion, no matter the obstacles, gives me a great feeling.

13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I disagree, Nicky races because he loves to race, MotoGP is the top race in the World, and he's having a blast. I know he wishes he had better equipment but he gives it everything he's got, he'll quit when it stops being fun.

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

This times 10 million. He still has skills. He hasn't had the bike in recent years.

I can't even even believe the respect comment. One of WERA's own who won the MotoGP World Championship. Have a little respect!

Very disappointing.

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:D

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Just listened to it, as well. One of the key messages that I picked up on speaks to some of the comments in here (to paraphrase, "if he knows he can't win, why keep at it?"). They're trying to win the race within the race and have the top Open Class bike.
    For those who haven't listened... http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/la...hayden/#ooid=E4bzFzczqGMY7Z5bIXSfdA_KMbDPpKIN

17. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

And the Daytona 200 along with eight more Superbike wins. Helluva year :cool:

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

if it wasn't mmfoor I would say this person is trolling....but maybe he is....

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

.....twin with a 250cc displacement advantage over its competition at the time mind you. Even now the Panigale only has a 200cc advantage :D :D :D

And lets be honest, it was one helluva twin, its not like he was racing a Sportster :crackup:

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Totally agree

There is so much that makes me love Nicky as a racer and a person.

Never again in my lifetime will I see a fellow Kentuckian who I was lucky enough to race against in the late 90's ascend to the pinnacle of the sport I love so much.

Like other people here, I've met him and his family and they are the most genuine down to earth people ever ( I want to think it's a Kentucky thing!).

Keep on riding Nicky...I'll be watching you!