1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA / Moto America Transponder

Discussion in 'General' started by MAZZ77X, Mar 8, 2015.

1. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

Thanks for the direction Mongo. I agree and was somewhat surprised to hear you "Don't" need to be an AMA member to race with CCS and WERA. Seems like everyone that fancies them selves a motorcyclist should have the wherewithal to become and support the AMA......politics aside.:up:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree but without some tangible items to show our riders it was really hard to justify it for a long time. Now however, they've got some pretty amazing tangible items as well as the intangibles that have kept me a member. Kind of a win win deal so we're looking at working with them in the future more.

3. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

I can't find the AMB Tran-X 260 on the MyLaps website, just what they call a "Bike Classic". Is it better to buy directly from Wera or go through them?

Also, their support page shows the TranX 2 transponders as EoL.

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I agree with Mazz that it's something worth supporting, despite some of the crap in the past. Keep in mind that you do need an AMA membership if you intend to run at the Mid-Ohio Vintage days event (which has a number of modern classes).

5. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

CCS Team Challenge timing went down at both Roebling and Daytona that I know of.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bike Classic is the one you want.

We sell them for $475 which I think is our cost. That might need to go up if we're paying more.

7. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

If you are an AMA member, you can get it for cheaper than $475.:)

The bike classic is listed for $504 on their site.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. A bunch cheaper, which is why I posted that yesterday and only posted about our pricing in response to a direct question about buying from us ;)