1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts on the iPhone 6+?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I've got an iPhone 5 now, but I'm thinking of upgrading I a 6+ for number of reasons, especially the larger screen and my five doesn't work as well as it used to.

What is your experience with the 6+? Thumbs up or thumbs down? Why?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good timing, I'm going to need to upgrade soon.

To add, if you had a do over, would you go 6 or 6+?

3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Too big. I went with the 6.

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

My experience has been positive. Bottom line is is a good phone, so was my LG G2 but I like the 6+ OS a little better.

The screen is really easy for my older eyes to read, so much so that it is now my go to data device, where before my data usage was 70% iPad, 30% phone, it is now the opposite. I wish the camera was a little better and for that reason I'll upgrade in September if that particular feature gets a big bump.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have the 6. It is head and shoulders above a 5. I hate Apple's “planned obsolescence”.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6+ was too big for my liking. I find the 6 just about ideal. Mind you I was coming off a 4s, so the screen on that now feels like I'm looking at a screen the size of a matchbook by comparison.

7. I have the six. I love it. Light years better than the four in every way, other than it's bigger than I'd like. Very fast. Great camera. Runs all my apps smoothly. New charger connection is better than the old 30 pin design that I had a problem with. Better headphones. Etc.

8. caferace

caferace No.

Yet you're literally buying into it.

break the cycle?

-jim

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not me, I'm still on a 3. I do need a new one but was hoping that I could last until the 7 comes out so I can get a deal on a 6 or 6+. :D

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Wife likes hers and the screen is actually big enough that I can read stuff on it. It seems like a pretty decent phone.

11. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

The regular 6 has been the best phone I've ever owned.
    Awesome battery life, fast, ios8 works 99% the way you think it should.
    Hell I'm in fear they're going to release something to make it cooler or whatever and jack it all up.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're still selling at the rate of 30k per hour?

13. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I went from the 4S to the 6. I was worried it would feel too large since I always carry in my front pocket. Since it's thinner than the 4S it doesn't 'feel' too big at all. Plus everything Huey said makes this a great phone. When I look at my daughter's 5C it looks like a toy.

14. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

Do a google search . I have a I phone 6 plus . My info was downloaded from my cloud which was from a I phone 5 . Lots of glitches and other problems . I had to totally reboot my phone and download from the cloud after saving from my I phone 6 plus . No problems afterwards . All in all I give it a thumbs up.

15. 6. I have huge hands and I love the 6. The 6+ feels like an iPad against your face.

16. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I went to a 6 Plus from a 5.

It only seemed big for the first week. A 5 seems tiny now.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Drawing my boy did of his girl on a 6+

[​IMG]

18. I went to a 6+ from a 5S, thinking the 6+ is big enough that I could stop carrying an iPad. It isn't. Now I carry an iPad and a big-ass phone.

I'm used to the 6+ now - it's especially useful for those of us with presbyopia - but if I had to do it over again I would get the 6.

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I can only speak for size
    I went from a 4s to a LG G3 which is about the same size as the 6+.
    )
    It was big at first but now every time i have a iphone in my hand it feels like a little toy.

That all being said, i feel apple was under achieving with the Iphone 6 and 6+. If you never gave Android a try i would definitively recommend the LG G3

20. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

I got an iPhone 6+ the day it came out and at first thought I made a mistake because I hard a hard time balancing it so I could use it one handed. Once you put it in a decent case to make it less slippery it makes a big difference. I love it now.