1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dean Smith

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Dead at 83….RIP coach

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

A legend of the game.

RIP.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn!! There is a local racer by that name.Scared the shit outta me.....

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, I can't edit the thread title.

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I attended NC State, but had friends at Carolina, and was in Chapel Hill with them when they won Dean's first NCAA title in '82. Franklin Street was a zoo! I was wearing a blue and white zip-up jacket, (the only thing I had resembling Carolina colors), and some dude was walking through the crowd with a big paintbrush with tarheel blue paint on it, swinging at anything close enough to hit. Guy hit my jacket on the shoulder, leaving a big blue stain. I still have that jacket! Rest easy, Coach Smith. You were a class-act!

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I respect the man, great coach, RIP. I hated the four corners with a passion.

7. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

I got to meet the coach during a reunion they had for the 82 champion team about 7 years ago. Very nice guy and would talk to anyone! RIP

8. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

And you can't find carolina blue paint in chapel hill the day of any possible big win to this day. :D

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think Dean helped Jordan a lot. Jordan showed up and was a shot taker, Dean taught Jordan how to pass and create assist.