1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the most expensive practice day entry you've ever paid?

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Before a race weekend.
    In US dollars.
    Don't count hookers and blow the night before or the cost of the bike you threw down the pitlane on cold tires.
    Don't respond if you rented an entire track the day before a race so just you could practice. Hahahaha
    Just the fee.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Uhhhh $200 at NOLA lol

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

$160 for fri. practice at Shannonville.

4. I think $150 off the top of my head.

5. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

Team Hammer Practice day at Daytona. I believe it is $250 pre-entered, $300 Post Entry. All for about 4 sessions and you have to really hope for no red flags.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, what? You've never rented a race track by yourself to avoid the registration line? That's disappointing. You're not as baller as I thought you were.

7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

This

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

prob $150 or $175. I think if it was over $200 I'd just leave home a day later.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can I play this game? :D

t500racer likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Screw it I will anyway - most I've paid for a day is ~$7500. Most WERA has ever paid would be closer to $10k.

This would be amounts out of pocket for a practice day. Not counting any expense that were covered by income from the day.

11. rhouck

rhouck wat?

$269 at auto club.

12. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Bingo

13. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I know some of you ballers have done the $485 track days at COTA. Admit it.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not an official before race day practice but, $325 for a two day with the DESMO people to sort out my 400. It was two weeks before my first race. 14 twenty minute sessions. Not too bad I don't guess.

15. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D

16. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Sonoma Raceway. $280.00.

Now I make sure I get a track pack to avoid Sonoma practice day fees :/

17. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Does that include instruction or feedback?

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

He is just waiting for someone to piss him off in line. Then he will rent the whole track and deny them entry just to piss them off. And he will buy all the water in a 10 mile radius.

19. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

signed up riders for COTA this March as track practice prior to MotoAmerica's first event. wow!!
    tim

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

$1400 i think? $700 if you break it down per day, to be fair.

A buddy and I did the two day Schwantz school before 200..8? GNFs. We didn't really fit into any of the groups the instructors were leading - after the first or second session to learn which way the track went we kept abreast with the instructor the whole time trying to get him to go faster, brake deeper etc. I think we were in cannonballcobb's group. I'm still surprised the pace of most of the students wasn't faster for a school immediately before a major national race. They eventually cut us loose and let us go out without an instructor leading us after extracting promises that we wouldn't buzz any of the students or act like asshats, so it turned into a couple of $700 trackdays.

Funny thing was, Rispoli was there for the same school as a student. We knew he was a racer but assumed he was relatively new, from the pace he was running - and we had no delusional expectations of being hot shit ourselves come race time. I have no idea what he was working on but it must've been something specific, because he was in a regular group and quite happy to play follow the leader during the school. Then he passed me like I was standing still come race time and left me going "dafuq..."