1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need info on 2010 Rsv4

Discussion in 'General' started by vdub 2.0, Jan 15, 2015.

1. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

I am looking for a new bike and I always liked the rsv4. Recently I have been seeing some going for very reasonable prices. What can you guys tell me about pros, and cons or common problems about them from people that have experience with them and is the factory that much better?

thanks!

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

According to Broome it's heavy and doesn't like to turn.

3. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

For street or track? I've got one for each.

Con: No APRC on the 2010s. I've retrofitted it to my race bike though.

Doesn't seem to finish corners very well. Though I have no other on-track literbike experience to compare it to, just a CBR600 and SV650.

The only really worthwhile part of the Factory is the wheels since the suspension will get modded for the track anyways.

4. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

avoid 2010. Lots of issues rectified in 2011+. I personally rode one and stock suspension/chassis set up made it feel 600 lbs and run wide and not turn. Once we changed geometry (the factory is fully adjustable) and added top shelf properly sprung suspension it was by far best handling bike ive ridden. They are not cheap to do thou.

The factory has the lighter wheels as SVbad says, but also has the variable velocity stacks (you can add to an R for @$500) and ohlins, but the shock is a pos taiwan ohlins not real and the forks internals are bad so if you had to buy, i'd buy an R and add stacks, get ecu done PROPERLY, get some good suspension (shock and cartridges as you cannot rebuild SACH forks) and enjoy it. great bikes but pricey parts and hard to get things at times.

5. kris

kris Well-Known Member

I race two 13 models, the handling comments are true. The bike is setup like a chopper from the factory.

Drop the front, alot. Raise the rear utnil max extension (316mm) and then it turns, very well. I added IMA clamps also and set the offset to 27 so its fantastic now

6. I wouldn't get a 2010. As previously stated, they have many many improvements, inside and out, since then.

If you are looking to buy one, you should buy my 2013. The RSV4 was revised in 2013. It got the new Brembo calipers and MC, revised electronics and improved motor lubrication (which resulted in a mild HP increase). It also got a revised gas tank that holds a little more fuel and is reshaped for better ergos when hanging off (it is the way Biaggi had the tank shaped when he raced them. For 2013 they incorporated that tank shape into the design).

Mine has the APRC electronics and only has 1,900 miles on it. It has the Aprilia Race ECU (required if you change the exhaust), aftermarket Ohlins (30mm kit and TTX shock), Ohlins damper, 520 chain/sprockets, Flyhammer controls (WSBK type control buttons on the left bar for all electronics) and all kinds of other shit. It has been dyno tuned my Livengood Motorsports with a map switch located on the left bar (maps for U4.4 and MR12).

It has never been crashed or dropped or any shit like that. I also have all of the OEM plastics (Matte Black) that are still in new condition.

7. ton

ton Arf!

your timing sucks, Broome. another year and i'd be on my way to come get it.

8. I might still have it then. Im not "actively" selling it. Meaning, I haven't put it on eBay or CL or weraclassifieds. I am still planning on riding it this year, but if somebody offered me cash I would probably sell it.

It is one of those situations where I am fine either way. I can keep it, or not. Doesn't matter.

I dont finance toys so I have the title in hand and insurance is cheap, so hanging on to it isn't hurting anything.

9. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

wasn't 2010 the year they had big issues with the motors?? nearly all the 2010-2011's i've seen are on a second motor

10. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Read up on it over at AF1's Apriliaforum...

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Yes, 2010 was the motor recall year. 2013 and newer will give u the latest updates unless u want to fork over for the 15 with the extra 15 hp