1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR Big Bore kit

Discussion in 'Tech' started by iomTT, Jun 6, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

what cc can the latest model GSXR 750 be bored out too please

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not often done with that engine - good luck. You will likely be looking at custom pistons, possibly 3mm over - 815cc?

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They don't explicitly mention the latest gen 750 but I don't think that the motor is monumentally changed from the 11-14 from the 06-10 model motors, but as mentioned 815cc's is what they are doing.

http://www.kwsmotorsports.com/s750.htm

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

cheers Team.

5. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

Ask Ed from EDR, he likes to build those big.

6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

3 mm 815cc, proprietary overbore from KWS.
    Ported epoxy head and cam. 162-165 hp

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thankyou man, i sent you a PM also and have emailed Kevin at KWS

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

To me the perfect bike after riding a 2013 gsxr 750 would be a ABS 850cc sportbike, for the street, no need no more.....

Im currently riding a very fast gsxr 1000 and sometimes I find it 2 much.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

You got my thinking for a cool very rideable road bike

10. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

I have done over 2 dozen + 750 big bores. Most time we do 2mm 792cc as the 3mm 815cc dont last long (split cylinders)

a properly built 792cc on GOOD gas will make min 160 and i have hit 170.2 on one but all conditions were perfect and it was $60/gal fuel. Typically most mine run U4.4 and make 162-165. They vary depending on year too. The 06-07 will make most top end but the 11-14 really work well too. 06-07 are the strongest cases to use. Most my guys (90% of them) use at trackdays and very little issues. But again some after 2 full years will develop cracks in cases below output shaft or worse, between cylinders (mainly the 08-10 cases)

Very cool build and piss off 1000cc guys a LOT on track, but dont build one cheap!! Spend the money and do it right.

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

ed, could you PM me a build price please based on 06-07 792cc motor supplied to your door. Top end is more important to me for this unit mate.:beer:

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

You have a question re a price to build me one man in your PM box:D

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Call his shop or email him there, he rarely logs in here.

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers man, any hints for email for him? I have no idea what his shop is called or located

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member