1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Flex

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Dec 22, 2014.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Okay, we drove one. Wife likes it (even the looks!). Seems to check all the boxes on stability etc. the reviews and info I have read all look good barring the typical inet crazies.

As always, the beeb is the barometer, so What says the BBS?

2009 Flex, SEL with the 3.5l V6. Not the AWD. 40.000 miles.

Thanks all for any no BS info.

M

(Notice I left "school me" out of the title).:D

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

We have a 2011 with just over 35,000 on the odometer. No complaints. Tires aren't cheap, what with the 18" wheels. I've towed an open trailer to the track and slept in it for a couple of days - the ceiling is a little low for this. If it has the split fold down seats, you'll want to use a sheet of material like masonite or luan to distribute a load across the gaps.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My brother just bought one for his wife over the summer. They love the damn thing. The interior is really nice.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

if my wife would have liked the looks i'd have one now.

i love that thing.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I asked the same question about a year back and several peeps chimed in. Should come up in a search. For us personally it was a Ford and felt like a typical american can with poor visibility and vague steering feel, poor gas milage and over priced for what it was. Stupid money for one loaded up. From what I remember the price the way we wanted it was about the same as an Infiniti JX

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Do these have the Ford CVT transmission? If so, I'd steer clear of it. I know three people, including my daughter, who've had the transmission fail with less than 100k. These days I'd expect a bullet proof tranny for at least 150k.

7. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

No, the 2007 Freestyle was the last Ford CVT equipped vehicle (except for the hybrids)

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

IMO, this vehicle makes more sense than a stupid SUV that will never go off-road.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Once you've owned a truck or SUV it's hard to go back to sitting as low as a car...

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Never owned one but I use to rent them quite frequently. Never had any issues and they seemed to drive and handle very well. Lots of room too.

11. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I work for a Ford dealer. The ONLY way to sell one is have people spend more time than a standard test drive in it. Very good driving car and one of our most dependable. Buy it, you wont regret it

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks! I looked at one last week and got it for several hours for her to drive on the interstate and around town, brought it to the house for her to give it a good once over in and out as a well. She liked it a lot.