Any of you traveled to Patagonia?

Discussion in 'General' started by jnjdad, Nov 17, 2014.

1. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

Looks like an awesome place to visit. Wondering if any of you have and what would be some of the best things to see? I would probably be traveling solo for about a week. Looking to see if I would drive around or maybe rent a bike. I think their seasons are opposite ours so winter here is a good time to go. Any info appreciated.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

3. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

Not the store:Poke:

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

5. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

You Groming across it :D? You picked major points of interest yet?

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

to be honest, it was more of a fun post, but the thought of patagonia growing on me. will keep you posted.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Argentina or Chile? If Argentina,I hope you speak Welsh......:D

8. Ryan600RR

Ryan600RR Well-Known Member

I've been in the Tierra Del Fuego area, near Ushuaia. Being outdoors is the thing to do there. The scenery is superb, and the walking trails were covered with a super soft, short grass. It was like walking on carpet. I went there in Nov, and you're right, their seasons are opposite. It stays daylight a long time, and never got really really cold. You'll definitely want a coat though, especially if you hike in higher altitudes. I was only there a week total (1/2 week before and after going to Antarctica). I decided if I ever went back, I'd bring a tent and just get lost in there for a week or two. The airline service down there is kind of sketchy with being on time, so allow some breathing room on your arrival.

9. For more than a few years I've wanted to ride from socal down to Patagonia. I won't do the trip alone and most people I know can't pull the trigger on that long of an adventure or they don't know how to ride or they're scared. I wanted to leave in March and ride down there and then hitch a boat ride back and donate the bike to someone down there.

One day...

10. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

11. ordered! thanks for that, maybe it'll be a good motivator.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

But then you need a GROM :clap::beer::rock:

13. well i need a grom regardless. i want to do the trip on something that i can repair in the middle of the rain forest or while under siege from Colombian drug cartel.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

On the grom though, they won't think you're invading the country, rather that you are a bit whacko

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The Ural shares lots of parts with VW Beetle (the original). There are old Beetles EVERYWHERE in Central and South America. Plenty of parts availability.