Thank you for the air fences!

Discussion in 'General' started by isxlow, Sep 20, 2014.

1. isxlow

isxlow Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the first time I ever scared the crap out of myself.... Hitting a wall head on sucks, but it would have been life ending without the air fences. Save me, and the bike...

Support WERA's Air Fence Fund! The day you need it will be the day you were glad it was the best money donated, your life might just depended on it.

(Of course not hitting a wall in the first place is key, but shit happens)

:up:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

what corner, Scott?

Glad youre ok!!!!!!!!!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

T5. looked like he slid almost to the feet of the cw's in the station there.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Can't we start a long term fundraiser to get that wall moved back?:eek:

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

The Roadracing World Action Fund--a 501 (c)3 not for profit organization--is happy to be working with WERA and other organizations on Airfence deployment at Road Atlanta and other tracks. What logos were on the section you head-butted, ISXLOW? I am really happy it was there for you, that's what it is all about!

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Air fence is awesome, as is the RRWAF! Glad you're ok ISXLOW.

I'd like to mention that I'd be more prepared to donate to it if we ever got to see it at some of the NC Region events (Nelson and PIRC come to mind, as does the bus-stop at Grattan when running CCW). I don't know how the allocation decisions are made, nor how the risk per corner is determined, and I'm sure it is an issue of limited resources. I'm not being critical. I just want to voice my thoughts.

Keep up the good work, Richard

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Is there a paypal link for the air fence fund?

8. John29

9. John29

The best way to get Airfence deployed at a specific track is to organize or support a fundraiser and designate that the money go toward soft barriers at that particular track. A really good example of that happening can be seen at Blackhawk Farms. Fundraisers there have resulted in a lot of soft barrier sections being deployed there.

The fundraisers N2 recently did are another good example.

[email protected] can answer specific questions regarding fund raisers.

Future crashers will thank you!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PIRC was/is next on the list along with more at Summit. It's basically us guessing where it's needed most.

11. isxlow

isxlow Well-Known Member

The turn was #5 and it happened so fast I did not even see the asphalt on the other side of the gravel.... Went almost straight into it from my point of view, which scared the crap out of me.

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

That's great! First time at PIRC this year and I wondered if there should be some there.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everywhere you saw haybales would get one type of air fence or another (there is a larger/thicker one for straight on high speed and a smaller one that doesn't lose as much runoff for slower speed or angled impacts areas).

14. Mikey Likes it

Mikey Likes it Active Member

Was glad to see you get up. I was cornerworking on the outside of turn 4 and watched the whole thing. Made quite a THUD when you impacted. :eek:

15. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

glad you're ok..