Idiots at Richmond

Discussion in 'General' started by andydavis, Jul 25, 2000.

1. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

I would like opinions on the crash at the finish line with me(#74) and #13 in the C production race on Saturday. I was DNF'd because of someone elses mistake and lost a lot of points/cash because of this. I am preparing to file an appeal of the decision as to whether "any rider involved in a red flag is automatically disqualified" .Shouldn't this be for the guy who parked it at the finish line instead of the poor sap(in this case myself)who happened to be full throttle and have a bike stop in front of them.

2. dartanian166

dartanian166 Member

I heard you ran into someone, isn't drafting dicouraged within WERA? [​IMG]
    As for the rule, wouldn't you be ticked if you were the rider behind the crash, you had just passed 3 others for 4th place, but those passes don't count because of the red flag? When a race is red flagged there are always riders that get screwed. Sorry, but if you were involved so do you!

3. Drafting discouraged by WERA? PLEASE tell me that was a joke ...

4. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

I have never heard of anything like "drafting being discouraged by WERA". This wasn't caused because I was drafting, it was because he ran wide "to push #300 wide to block him and had to cut right in my line to keep from hitting the cones/tires".Then shut it off like it was a parking lot. He admitted that he f#$@ed up, yet I am penalised , along with everyone else because of this. This happened to him at Gateway 2 weeks ago also. I somehow managed to get out of this with only roadrash, and bruises. The next time someone might not be as lucky. [​IMG]

5. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

They teach you in rider school if maybe your forgot. (return to rider school) It is your responsibility to get around the rider in front of you safely not for him/her to let you buy safely. Wheather the circumstance of the event, don't put so much faith in the other rider in front of you then. I got a solution to the problem, get to the front earily and you won't have to worry about hitting people in front of you.

Like the street laws state, the won who hits another driver in the rear is at fault. "Assure clear distance" You lucky you didn't get sited

6. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

First of all we're not on the street. So its obvious that street laws don't apply here. Second, riders are also warned of the danger of shutting down immediately after the line, or pg 10 , #11 in the rulebook states,"weaving at any time to break the draft or to prevent a pass, or reckless weaving for any purpose, will be penalized by a fine and or DQ'd or suspension". The rider I hit freely admitted that he was in fact"preventing a pass, in turn causing an obviously dangerous situation. Finally I would appreciate it if those who didnt actually SEE what happened,"I HEARD you hit someone", would leave the space open for those who did see it. [​IMG]

7. dartanian166

dartanian166 Member

Maybe you should try to put yourself in #13's shoes! Is it really his fault if he was 'avoiding the tires and bales of hay'??????
    If you didn't make any mistakes out there you would be an expert??? Obviously we all still make mistakes [​IMG] Like the man sd run in front and avoid the situation !
    P.S. Gain alli's not enemy's! IDIOTS AT RICHMOND is the wrong thing to be saying of someone who may(will)be on the track with you again !!!!! Every time you ride on the track you put your life in someone else's hands!?!?!?! BE CAREFUL !! [​IMG]

8. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

First of all we were all 3 fighting for 3,4, &5th position, is that "up front" enough for you ? [​IMG] I finish in the top 5 almost every weekend, with several podiums, but I dont think it matters what position youre in, you still need to maintain the race line, and if you run wide or off of the track is it not your responibility to return to the race line safely. I dont mean to call anyone an idiot that isnt. As I said before though, this isnt the first time he's been rear-ended this year, for the same reason. [​IMG]

9. dartanian166

dartanian166 Member

With every situation there is an explanation.
    The guy who ran into him in St. Louis was a friend and has already told me that he was just looking beyond the rider and didn't pay attention to how close he was. He was trying to get around #13 the whole race and had gone off the track several times before rear-ending #13. --secondly #13 wasn't weaving to avoid a pass, he was simply running wide.. there is a difference! There was nothing wrong with what he did..
    None of this matters -- The point is there are six other riders that are friends of #13. All have been following this conversation closely, 4 witnessed the crash and say it was both rider's fault. You seem to be blinded by the fact that you lost some money -- no big deal. Just remember, the rest of us IDIOTS will be out there on the track with you. How many other people have you offended? Ever seen the comercial~ "Never let them see you sweat".
    You have successfully shown a lack of class to anyone that reads this bulletin board.
    Thirdly-- do you think the expert class will show you any courtesy on the track? Wait till next year [​IMG] It wont be an IDIOT, it will be malicous!

10. chris meyer

chris meyer Member

I thaught that there was a code and that we were boys andy. I have been defending you up till now when the truth is that you hit me from behind. I never checked up at the line i was setting up for the turn when the accident happened. I lost a trophy, money, points, my bike was trashed, and I am possibly going to need reconstructive surgery on my shoulder because the hospital read my x-rays wrong, which means almost 2 months off of work!, and you still got to race the rest of the weekend. Needless to say I was amazed to hear that you were on here badmouthing me. And as far as getting hit in the back twice in one year I think it is just coincidence because this is my 3rd year at this and I have had no problems with this up till now, And if you are insinuating that I check up the corners then how did i get into 3rd place in front of you? I saw you overshoot 2 corners charging them to hard in this same race (one of them is were I passed you). This is racing I have no one to blame for what has happened because I take full resposibility when I get on to the track, that is why we sign the waivers. Yes there are "idiots" on the track but it is our responsibility to avoid them as much as possible. Just remember it is your responsibility when you are on the track to make passes as clean as possible and until you show that rider a wheel they have no idea that you are there. Now that that has been said I hope that we are still friends and that you are just upset and really didn't mean what you said, because none of us need enemys on the track.

11. chris meyer

chris meyer Member

Hey by the way I never said that I f%&#ed up. You are the one who came up to me and said "sorry"

12. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

Chris, the "Idiots at Richmond " statement was a little harsh but by the time I realized it, it had already been posted. The talk around the pit changed from Saturday to Sunday. First it was 50/50 at fault, then most of the blame seemed to fall on you. I posted this simply to gather opinions of the crash and it suddenly turned into an arguement between others and myself,when you weren't present to defend yourself. For that I am sorry , and I hope we can remain friends. You can never have too many of those. As for Dartanian166, it isnt about the money. Sure, it would have been nice, but I try to give credit to other riders, and as much room as possible. I dont think anyone has ever thought of me to be, in any way, unsportsmanlike. But we can bang bars all next year if you would like. Again ,,Chris I hope you feel better and Im sorry this turned into a big deal.

13. wera122

wera122 Guest

Let's cool the tempers a bit here. (and start using a spelling/grammar checker on your messages, geez! [​IMG] )

Yes, it is the responsibility of the rider behind to pass the rider in front cleanly, but sometimes shit happens. It still doesn't change the outcome that a crash happened, people were injured, points/cash were lost and now a couple guys are mad at each other.

Please don't bring it here to the BBS. Call each other, talk it out, put it behind you and get on with racing. Racing is a dangerous sport and you can get hurt or killed at any time. If you can't deal with it, stay home on the couch and watch racing instead. That's a lot safer.

I'm not bashing either of you guys, as I don't know you, but bitching won't solve the problem. Set an example, ride cleanly, follow the rules and all the bitching about bad riding will stop.

Take care, heal up, speed safely and we'll see you guys at the track. [​IMG]

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

So is passing, winning, crashing, exceeding the local speed limit, and setting lap records. [​IMG]

15. chris meyer

chris meyer Member

sorry about the grammer and spelling but it is kind of hard to type with one hand. Andy , shit happens, its all good. See you next year.

16. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

I hope to see you sooner than that. Hope all is well, heal up soon. Again - sorry if it seemed like I was talkin' shit about you personally - keep in touch [email protected]
    P.S. Who is dartanian166 ? didnt see him anywhere near us at the checkered flag [​IMG]

17. dartanian166

dartanian166 Member

Lionel Marques!

18. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

Thats what I thought. Like I said, leave the space open for the ones who actually witnessed the incident(ie; racers, not bench racers) and I don't recall seeing you or your "production 600" anywhere around this weekend, actually, I dont recall seeing you at Gateway either. You know how often those production LEGAL bikes blow up. What was that you said about a lack of class?

19. dartanian166

dartanian166 Member

IF YOU GOT THE MONEY -- TEAR ME DOWN NEXT TIME OTHERWISE STOP CRYING !

20. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

Why would they want to tear you down Eric? It's so much cheaper to use insinuation and innuendo, facts just get in the way of a good story.
    If that Suzuki ain't bone stock you've got one slow cheater bike [​IMG].