WERA at CMP September 6-7 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, it took a while and we apologize for the last minute notice but we WILL be replacing Jennings GP with an event that same weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park (and a huge thanks to them for helping make it happen!).

I'll get the schedule and everything done this week but it will be the same regions and everything as the Jennings event was going to be.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

:up:

who's idea was it? :D

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh didn't metalhead say he was coming out of retirement if yall ran there!?!?!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I hope not :D

5. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

So, still a double header too, I assume since you said "it will be the same regions and everything as the Jennings event was going to be." I'm slow so just want to make sure.

Also, we've never been there before...what configuration will be run that weekend?

6. PirelliTireGuy

PirelliTireGuy Well-Known Member

Hope this can be put out to ALL! Really need to get on the "horn" and call/email/FB/instagram/smoke-signal/morse-code/call the friggin N'atl Guard (oyea that's me!) Hope we can get lots n lots of racers there!
    James Bock
    Podium Motorsports Pirelli
    912 655 1433

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Thanks a lot for doing it on a weekend when I gotta work.:down:

lol.

8. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

This is an omen...if I nail the interview i have tomorrow, I'll be able to make this event. :up:

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nail it !!!

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Wooo whoooo.

Going home again. Im glad it worked out.

Get out and run this thing so we can keep it on the schedule.

Friday night theres a classic car hang out in town. I hear they do it every weekend.

11. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Is this still going to be a North FL round?

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

"it will be the same regions and everything as the Jennings event was going to be."

13. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Got it, was just going to check, usually CMP was only a SE round not Mid-Central or N. FL.

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Even tho it doesnt involve Vintage, I just wanted to pass along a :up: for CMP!....glad to see WERA returning there. I always liked that place.:rock:

15. PlayHard

PlayHard Well-Known Member

Excellent, bikes back together, body is back together, think I may try and make this one. Glad to see it worked out, CMP is a nice facility........

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

rumors say, there's gonna be a lot of podiums from a local, previously retired metallic hair colored race team owner and his two bikes, since it's his "home track"

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This is great! Will there be a race school? Or mini race?
    Either way I'll be there even if its just to watch.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes on the school, not sure on the minis. We have run them before on the short track. Is there any interest?

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I would be interested! Even if I couldn't pull a big bike together. If you let me know the cost for the more minis I could probably get a few more people from my normal group also.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll look once I'm caught up on here but the fees are on the main site.