"Rolling Coal"

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jul 10, 2014.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Haha WTF are you talking about? I saw him this morning. He was in uniform. They were tan with a digital pattern. :D

I drive a diesel. Just not with big tires all jacked up with a rebel flag flowing out the back and two or three huge smokestacks coming out of the bed. :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I drove a diesel it'd have big mother f@ckin' tires on it and at least 18 smoke stacks. F@ck, that includes diesel Golfs, Jettas, 80s cavaliers and rabbit pickups.

I'd be a one man freight train f@ckin' shit up like a diesel powered f@ckin' shit up machine! :D

<pew pew pew> Die Polar bear! <pew pew pew> suck my smoke stack jerry garcia!

3. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

its just the truck running really rich.. if its smoking its wasting.. my buddy has a duramax with EFI live and that thing smokes not one bit, its also putting down over 1000 ft lbs of torque and 600 hp :D

4. :stupid:

5. :crackup:

Sounds like a Jedi mind trick. "There are no droids in here."

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Flo-Grown. The redneck response to http://flomotion.com/?

7. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

This. I said it in the last thread will in this one too. Those people who chose to "roll coal" are DB's and a BIG reason for all the EPA BS that is coming down hard on diesel owners.

In the end, you can make any truck roll coal, but it's not cool. The point of diesels is to burn clean for the most power and performance, burning extra diesel is just a waste and at 3.93 a gallon here avg, not a good waste.

My 6.4 will puff a little black smoke when towing my TH up a big hill loaded, but that's about it, I also don't drive like a Dbag or I could smoke it all over if I wanted. On the street tune and hot street it will smoke anytime I want it to, but that means Im wasting $$.

That is for normal diesels, obviously pulling trucks are different.

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Precisely.

Over the last 5 or so years, Americans have SLOWLY warmed up to the benefits of diesel powerplants that have graced EU roads for decades. Those that haven't still cling to outdated notions that they are dirty, noisy, and expensive. Companies like Audi and VW have gone to great lengths, at significant investment, to change that line of thinking.

These asshats are hindering that progress.....

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Does the smiley face mean you got my joke?

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

My truck is de-smogged, straight-piped and tuned, and it doesn't smoke at all. 800+ lbs of torque and no coal. A good tune means very little smoke.

If you look on most truck forums, this whole rolling coal fad is pretty heavily chastised.

11. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

I just read an article this week where the guy posted a bunch of youtube videos smoking out cyclists and pedestrians and the local sherif caught him and now he's being prosecuted. I can remember the charges but it wasn't just a slap on the wrist. He had dozens of videos posted.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's the street squids of truck tuning, nothing more.

13. I don't mind them drawing attention to themselves and the goverment cracking down on the trucks and diesels, we make the diesel aftertreament systems (urea exhaust systmes) for about 90% of the OEM vehicles in north America so its more business for us. These types of activities don't normally drive what the new regulations are but they do drive OEM's to make it more difficult to bypass them as well as a lot more enforcement if some coal roller, bike with loud pipes, etc pisses off the wrong politician.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

For the record, you need to develop a more robust heating system for the urea. My work truck had the cat piss tank heater freeze up and break the heating element twice last winter and it was only 40 - 50 below when it happened.:D

15. Let me guess, Ford? There's been some issues that there was excessive freezing (freezes at 11 deg ). It wasn't an issue with the tank or element, it can freeze to a solid block or partial block sloshing around and not break. I won't get into details but it was a vehicle software issue and not the tank.

16. Stupid.

I have a 5" turbo - back exhaust (DPF and DEF delete), Cold Air induction and EFI Live. My truck is strong as shit and doesn't blow a bit of smoke.

I see the asshats blowing that shit around here too............in my rearview mirror. :D

17. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I see a similar thread in the dungeon. I see nothing wrong with coal rolling an idiot who richly deserves it. I'm making sure my next truck is fully capable. :D :Poke:

18. I would love to smog out a tree hugger in a Prius, I think it would be funny as hell to the right over-the-top tree hugger but I wouldn't do it.

19. My friend in california has a 2 door silverado that makes some ungodly number like 800hp and 1200tq with a standalone, upgraded turbo and all sorts of shit. He used to beat evos and stis from a roll on the highway up to about 115-120. Then he would flip it to smoke map, dump fuel and smoke the whole Highway out. It was a good time. No smoke stacks but I still think it's funny. I don't care how shitty it is, that truck makes me giggle like a school girl.

Worst thing we ever did in that thing was a group of girls kept acting stupid next to us with all the windows open so he rolled forward and filled the whole car with smoke. They had to pull over and get out because they couldn't see anything. Immature? Yes and totally hilarious.

20. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

What exactly is being done to the truck to produce the smoke?

I saw someone do this in downtown Denver yesterday. In a traffic jam no less. Fucking loser.