1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Rolling Coal"

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jul 10, 2014.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Have been seeing this MUCH more often lately on the roads around here. Dude in beefed-up diesel takes off from stop light and just ERUPTS with thick black smoke?

Now it's showing up on news outlets clamoring for even TOUGHER regulations/penalties on aftermarket tuning.

Is this the new "whistle-tips" for d-bag diesel truck owners? Just a fad that will go the way of train-horns and rubber nutsacks hanging from the hitch?

[​IMG]

2. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

No biggie...just a small dick redneck thang!

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

4. You sure you took that pic, and didn't get it from a "liberal" media sight? I think some people were saying that it was just media hype.:D

5. There was an article on CNN yesterday about it, it is rather funny when they smog out a Prius, totally douchebag irresponsible thing to do, but funny. Look on youtube for rollin coal, tons of videos of them getting pedestrians, cyclists, etc.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I've got a 2011 F-250 with the new 6.7 Ford Diesel in it and although I love the performance of the stock truck, it would be nice to be able to hear it....just a little bit. It is so quiet that you almost have to strain your ears to even tell that it's a diesel. And as far as smelling anything, I can put my nose right in front of the exhaust and you simply cannot smell that "diesel smell". I certainly don't want something that rattles so loud that it is annoying to me or anyone else, but a little sound would be kind of nice. And I don't get the "rolling coal" mentality either. I paid lots of money for my truck and sure as hell don't want it smokin'. Besides, the newer truck's ECU for the engine will lodge a permanent record in it if you put a tuner on and if the dealer finds evidence of it while it's still under warranty, they can refuse to cover it if it is anything engine/drivetrain related because of the tuner. You can take the tuner off before visiting the dealer, but the ECU will still snitch on you and your evil ways.

7. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

last month's stupid was 'open carry'.
    this month's stupid is 'rolling coal'.

freaking idiots!
    doing it to people walking and cyclists...where's CHP when you need one.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the coal rollers arent using new trucks... usually someones handmedown trade in rat
    [​IMG]

Truck above needs a few Gs worth of top end work. Theres an SAE ton of them around here. Notice the 12" exhaust tip:wow:

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

They are all over around here - "Kentucky Coal Burners" and such. Some have the exhaust stack coming out of the hood. :Poke:

There are Diesel racing "Blackouts" at the local dragstrips, where all of them just sit and rev just to make smoke.... :confused:

10. I wonder what the tdi golf I bought yesterday would do with a straight pipe? Ah forget it, I'll just listen to dub step and ride my fixie around.

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Every one of them doing it is also never pulling a trailer either. That shit is hard to get off a white trailer!

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It's like anything else outside the mainstream, keep begging for attention, and you'll get it. Most likely not the kind you wanted either.

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Dying out already around here. Usually leaving performance on the table if it's doing that and we have a ton of performance diesel shops around. They are all pretty big on custom tuning and several actually refuse to do smoke tunes now.

14. ped

ped Banned

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Lots of these retreads around here. Some are so pathetic they do it to paroed cars at the gas station when "their" diesel pump is blocked by a gas car. Never mind that same pump dispenses ALL grades. They think ot bepongs to the exclusively.

Easy way to stop it. Impound the truck and have a state shop fix it at $500/hr (min 4 hrs) and the next time the driver/owner gets caught doing it again, a year of impound for said truck. Would be funny around here when Jr. gets dads $65k Silverado impounded for a year.

16. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

I saw it on the news. Apparently a protest. I've got a '02 F-350 7.4 liter. Chipped. Love the smell and the sound.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Cool, red necks also have their own 'Hipsters' of sorts...

Yokohama likes this.
  18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

That's a bit much. WHile there are plenty of dopes in shapes and forms, diesel trucks actually, well, atleast for me, make my racing more economical.

I have an older Dodge Cummins without the pig-piss eco system on it and I actually get just over 14mpg towing a 28ft toyhauler with two bikes in it.

It has a straight exhaust and an aftermarket air filter. No, I don't rev the crap out of it in the paddock and street and yes, going up hills, I accidentally spew the unwanted "coal".

This thread is truck douchbaggery as much as motorcycle stunting douchebaggery in that there are irresponsible parties everywhere. Lets not go confiscate everything now.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

See it in Florida all the time. Punks kids mainly. Although my mom used to laugh about doing it to people in her old Benz lol. We're redneck so no surprise there.

20. ped

ped Banned

are these the ones who like both rap and modern country? Wear college team hats and the latest in john deer chic?