Expanded V7 MW or V8 MW?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dcemotorsports, Jul 7, 2014.

1. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

Looking for input and interest towards including newer carbed 600's in V7 MW or creating a new class like a V8 MW.

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

One is going to get nuked...

:Pop:

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is about more than just making a V8 class (still want it, still not sure how) but about the possibility of some newer carbed bikes in V7MW. Such as the carb'd F4.

One I don't think would work is the 98/99 ZX6R, way too fast even with carbs.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ What's the difference? The F4 and the ZX6R put out the same power and weigh the same from those years.

CBR600F4 ('00) 10/00 HP 94.9 @ 12,500 TQ 44.9 @ 10,000 Wet 436 Dry 407

ZX-6R ('98) 12/98 HP94.6 @ 12,000 TQ 44.2 @ 10,000 Wet 447 Dry 413

The real difference is the R6

YZF-R6 ('99) 6/99, HP 94.8 @ 12,500 TQ 42.2 @ 10,500 Wet 427 Dry 398

I also think it'd be a good option because then these more updated but pretty much obsolete bikes can run up a class to CSS/CSB and not get blown out of the water.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

AWESOME!!! so we finally have V8?? THANK YOU MONGO:Poke:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What thread are you reading?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure about those numbers. I was seeing the 98 ZX6R at ~105 properly tuned and it weighted a LOT less than the F4. There was no competition between the two, not even close, on the track. Still got beat by a 98hp GSXR but it was tuned by Barry McMahon and ridden by Josh Hayes so not too surprising :D

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

This one.......:D

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well I would say to be fair to the era I would make all the carbed bikes in the same class. Each year every manu one ups the other manufactures. But Limiting them to carbed bikes will keep that in check to it jumping up to basically the same level of the current 600SS's. With the exception of the 2002 ZX6R because that was a 636.

12. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Hurry up and make a class I am looking for an f2 or F3, but a 99 R6 would be soooooo much sweeter.

13. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

Possibly the bikes in question could be held to SS rules and the current V7 bikes continue to run under the SB rules?

14. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Probably won't work ,BUT, combine v-7 into one class( mwt and hwt) and create a v-8 unlimited class, maybe pre -2000 machines??

15. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

As an avid v7 rider, i say let them in. It will take a year or two before someone on a v8 bike would dominate, IF, they do. You could see if they are filling grids. At that point, create a v8 class or dq them if they are too fast?

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Agreed and you could also use the weight savings!!! :D

This would work for sure.

Making it one class is unfair to the MW (current) bikes in it. But it might work since then if the V8 bikes become more popular then they would stand a better chance against the V7HW bikes.

I agree also but just make a V8 class would making more sense.

17. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

DQ someone because they are too fast? I know a few riders that I would say are too fast on current V7 machines.

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I was thinking the same thing lol

Hell every time I lose I'm throwing that out there!

19. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Steve is referring to a discussion some V7 guys were having at PIRC this weekend. Allow some new guys with 98-02ish bikes to come out and run just to get their feet wet.

If one of those guys actually stirred the pot, it would be mutually agreed that they would be protested/DQ'd for the sake of points, but would still allow them to come out and get a taste for racing on a machine they already have.

I am just the messenger on this, don't strike me down :Putter:

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhhh THAT makes sense. But not enough for someone to go out and buy one. But yeah I get it.