1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2014 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Dr. Stupid

Dr. Stupid Well-Known Member

In a unary Schrödinger system, Lorenzo does and does not have a championship point, hence Pedrosa does and does not have 16 points. A hangover helps with understanding the details.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Finally an explanation I can understand! (the hangover portion only of course)

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Naughty?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

naught squared, you dummy.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

With the way the rules are currently made. They'll most likely just give it to them.

6. bwhiting

bwhiting Well-Known Member

so what happened on the tail end of the last lap - why did Rossi suddenly fall back? was he running out of gas?

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

if your man had listened to Winston and acted quicker, Pearl harbour never would have been bommed

Nicki is good, but a thing of the past sorry to say

8. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Do you mean figuratively or literally?

9. Dr. Stupid

Dr. Stupid Well-Known Member

In the last lap Marquez put a couple of tenths on Rossi going through turn 11; everybody else rolls off a little, but Stoner and now Marquez seem to be the only ones who can approach turn 12 at that speed without crashing. After that Rossi didn't have a chance.

10. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

Marquez didn't make any mistakes and Rossi couldn't make up any ground. The both let it all hang out over the last 4 laps, as evidenced by their times:

Marquez:

1'55.813
    1'55.732
    1'56.442 (passing)
    1'55.710 (fastest race lap)

Rossi:

1'55.621 (fastest race lap)
    1'55.715
    1'56.624 (passing)
    1'55.781

I think they were just very evenly matched, and Marquez was able to come out ahead. I don't think Rossi was running out of fuel, as his last lap was still quite fast, and he made it back to the pits on the cool down lap.

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Got ya'. Bot would definitely be pushed out for Lorenzo or Stoner.

I can't see Honda wanting him to go to Yamaha. I think the most likely scenario is that they'd offer him the same money to ride for Gresini or LCR on a full factory bike. Would his pride allow him to ride for a satellite team? It'd be cool to see Lorenzo and Pedro swap seats, but I don't think Lorenzo would leave Yamaha.

2014 is going to be Year of the Dani. The little bastard is too good to not get at least one championship.

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Rossi looked like he spun up in a couple corners on the last lap. Less drive left in that softer tire is what I figured.

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yamaha would not sign Pedrosa. They do not need him, they have smith and others coming through now and all are doing just fine.

14. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

You should also be asking for Eugene Laverty. That guy is fast but a bit unlucky with mechanical failures.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

We'll take a Laverty brother!

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You would take anybody who would want to go there. You can't exactly afford to be difficult these days.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, if Suzuki were to offer to pay their riders instead of asking for them to pay, they'd have 'em lined up 10 deep and have to fight them off with a 3 foot poo stick.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but how does that statement help lower steeltoe's self-esteem? :confused:

19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Loosely related question - What's RDP up to these days? Is he riding anywhere?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You cannot lower that which has been trampled unto the earf.