1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you race at Talladega GPR in June of 1987?

Discussion in 'General' started by Larry Lawrence, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Larry Lawrence

Larry Lawrence Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First race I ever went to.

822 in the individual shots is Dave Sweeney. Can't remember who was in the green leathers on it during the Endurance.

3. Larry Lawrence

"First race I ever went to."

Wow, that's cool!

4. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

#42 GSXR is David Huneycutt
    #572 RZ is Lloyd Sutherland (r.i.p.)

I have the same pic of the two bikini chicks :D

5. Larry Lawrence

I think rider #246 is Jeff Dean, but not sure. Also one of the riders on #312 is probably Cam Roos, but not sure which one (note the different leathers and helmet). Any help?

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I was just turning 2 in June '87

7. Larry Lawrence

Quit making me feel so old! :rolleyes:

8. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

haha those chick pics(#283-->) is my then wife of 9 yrs. Shes the one with her back to the camera and later on the right. And thats after 2 kids. She was a wild thing..

Anyhoo, after dab'n in racing 4 times the yr before, that was my first yr long real novice season. Finished 2nd in region and won the GNF in BSB. Pic #232 is me. Black and white 220,221,222 show me with others during the first few laps, but theyre in backward order. I'm 458. Race #254 was my then arch nemesis George Fox. Great rider. He won this particular race, and I finished 2nd. Took me all season to finally beat him the last race, and finally again at the GNF. But it was close.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  9. Larry Lawrence

That's after two kids!? Whoa! What did she look like before kids?

10. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

About the same:rolleyes:. I met her when she was 12(and still looked about like in that pic:eek: had big boobs waaay early) and I was 15. You can imagine a 15yr old boy... I was powerless to her spells. But we didn't get truly together until after her first marriage and child.

My 3yr old son that weekend kept getting on that mini roadracer.

11. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

No offense, but your wife was "jelly roll in the bikini" to us :D

12. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

No worries. None taken.

Shes REALLY REEEEEEEEEEALLY gone down hill since then.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is the only time I ever raced an EX500. I blew up the motor in my Ascot and borrowed that bike for the F2 race. I never had a single lap of practice on it and had never even ridden one before.

Jeff,
    I remember your wife. Was the other one Ron Hite's wife?

Number 111 on the VF500 interceptor is Mike Grissom. I think we may have done the endurance race on that bike.

14. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Yes Ken your right, thats indeed Rons wife Bridgett. Coincidentally, he called me just yesterday. Haven't heard from him in a few yrs. He sounded like hes doing well.

The reason I say that about my ex wife... she was(is) pretty evil, all said and done. In 91 I won complete custody of our then 6yr old son. I raised him as a single parent until he moved out and bought his own house at 20yrs old. Hes turned out to be a great hard working young man now with an awesome wife and 2 beautiful grandsons. Despite his mom:rolleyes:...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  15. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

yes pretty sure I was there racing a FZ600 . bbill