1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing my thesis on Conflict within the AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by tonni1000, Jan 21, 2014.

1. tonni1000

tonni1000 Well-Known Member

It's not overacting it just answer the question, it something you guys have complain about and i want to get to the root of it.. Sorry if you think i was over acting. My Bad

2. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Wow.. the more I lurk on this board nothing surprises me anymore. Guy is trying to help out and you all attack him for his grammer on a BBS! :rolleyes:

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Agreed. You just gotta learn to weed through the bullshit.

4. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Reggie,
    All I was saying was if you come on here asking advice about writing a thesis, you better expect to get some grief about spelling and grammar. I am sure you recognize that the collective maturity level here is about 13 years old.
    Instead of getting all defensive about the flipping of shit, just give it the old, “yeah, sorry for the spelling errors, but I’m posting from my phone” story.
    For the record, I wouldn’t know a thesis from a bag of Reese’s Pieces. My biggest academic accomplishment was graduating from high school a year early so I could get a job sooner and buy a dirt bike. Not for everybody, but it has worked out pretty damn good for me!
    You say your major is in conflict management. Are they teaching you to escalate or resolve the conflict?
    I keed, I keed……. :)

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You should send a message to John Ulrich, Reggie.

6. tonni1000

Did he will get to me when he finishes this months mag

7. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

I, too, know nothing about writing a thesis. But, I will say that even though you may have only earned a high school diploma, you are able to communicate much more effectively than the OP.

I have no opinion to share on the thesis itself, but I hope that Sarge finds an editor to help him early on in the project.

8. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

I really don't see it as a conflict, it's more just mismanagement and very poor business decisions that have led us here.
    Had a good management team with good funding put in a good promotions package, things would be much different, IMO

9. tonni1000

From my studies mismanagement is a conflict in its self, due to the facts that a choice had to be made and will always change along the travel of the choice, thus causing a conflict in interest of the one making the choioce.

10. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, but it's internal and talking with the people running DMG will be more fruitful if there is a conflict. Maybe they all have the same misguided business sense, ;)

11. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I think the point that several of us were trying to make (in a manner that was done more kindly than the usual banter around here, I might add) is that if you wish to be taken seriously and properly understood, good communication is absolutely crucial.

If you write your thesis the way you wrote your original post you will not be taken seriously or properly understood. If you care as much about AMA roadracing as you profess to, I would think that getting it right would be very important to you. It's just like racing, the details do matter, sometimes they are the only thing that matters.

Good luck with the thesis. The BBSers might give you a hard time, but they will also give you plenty of good advice, the first of which should be: Don't get butt-hurt by anything you read here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  12. misterwaterfall

misterwaterfall squid status commence

Plot twist: He had no real objective of writing about the AMA, but rather people on online message boards that attack you when using bad spelling and grammar after posing as some type of "masters thesis writing" student.

Or maybe he is that horrible at spelling and grammar, who knows.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'd make it fictional instead, with all kinds of plots twists!

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No need. No one other than the regulars would believe even half the stuff that transpires in this place :D

15. tonni1000

may be i am but we are so past that and thats why you pay an editor just saying. plus im never butt hurt you have know clue lol those that know me understands

16. tonni1000

sometimes you just need info and not bullsh*t, i was up to late studying so fuck the past i need info so let's talk !!!!

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Sarge, skin thickness aside, You might look into the reason(s) AMA sold AMA Pro Racing to DMG.

What expectations DMG had for the series.

Why they assigned car-racing oriented people to a significantly different sport with a different audience.

When DMG realized that the tried-and-true formulas for putting butts in the seats at NASCAR events weren't working for motorcycle racing, what have they done and how much damage was done in the unsuccessful attempt to make it NASBIKE.

Just off the top of my head after 27 years of roadracing AMA, CRRC/CMRA, WERA et all. And being a hanger-on for the past dozen years or so.

18. tonni1000

Thank you great outlook

19. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Anybody else see the irony in the OP writing a thesis on conflict management?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. The man knows conflict.