1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saved a life today.

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

They need to snuff out jerks like those fuckers.....Chris, you and Lora are top shelf people and I salute you. You're heros.

2. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

good work dude... rescue dogs are AWESOME! :D

3. You are right, im trying not to think about it. But damn it pisses me off. I mean, who could do something like that?

When Lora went to meet him, she said the lady (well, woman...I wouldnt call her a "lady") answered the door wearing a sweatshirt, with no bra, and her damn boobs almost touching her belly button......drinking a Natural Light beer. The house was a wreck and she didnt even know where the dog was (he was somewhere outside). She opened the door and started screaming at him to "get his ass inside", just mean as hell. It doesnt surprise me that he was so hungry and thirsty when Lora brought him home.

Caesar is a handful because of his allergies and stuff. He is definitely high maintenance. That is why we haven't gotten another dog. But when Lora was telling me about what they were going to do to him, she broke down into tears. I was like "go get him...we will make it work".

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Good thing you did there Chris. :clap: :up:

5. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

We had two rescue's that were the same way. Once you work through the ghosts of their past they are the most loyal and loving dogs out there. It's all about building their confidence. Good luck! :up:

'Oreo cookie' :crackup:

Dawn :)

6. it blows my mind how people can do that do a dog. we've rescued 2 from the shelter. our boy (english pointer mix) is missing like 6 of his teeth and was a stray. our girl is a pure bred rotwieller but she was the runt of the litter (65lbs) she had a chip! they contacted the owners and told them they had 7 days to come get her, they never showed up, i was number 1 on the wait list and was there first thing on sunday morning to get her and she's an absolute sweet heart. how could you leave your dog?!

7. In Tennessee? Not a chance they would get in trouble, especially in a rural or semi-rural area. Animal owners can pretty much do anything they want with or to their animals without fear of punishment.

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

That pisses me off to no end. Nice work!

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Good job Chris ! :up:

10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

good job! he went to a great home. you made him a happy little pooch

11. gy999r

gy999r Well-Known Member

Sweet dog, good on ya Chris :beer:

12. Thanks guys :beer:

That picture doesnt do his size justice. For those of you who have met Caesar, he stands about 3-4" taller and is about 25lbs heavier.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Wait'll he gets properly fed. :D

Good on ya, Chris!! :beer:

14. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Good job Chris, that's fantastic!

You SHOULD do 10 races a day!

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't know if Caesar was fully grown back in 2011 when I saw him, but if so.....damn :crackup:

16. I was just thinking the same thing. Haha

Thanks Joe. :)

I hate to see you getting rid of that bike. I think I might need it. :D

17. He wasn't fully grown then, but he was pretty close to it. I think he was about 11 months old when you saw him. He was born in 2010.

He obviously isn't used to getting baths, so Lora had hell getting him in the tub. He outweighs her by about 60lbs. :D

18. That is what we are trying to do. We aren't going to try to force him to do anything. Like Caesar always gets up on the bed and watching movies with us. He knows when it is movie time because after supper he will walk over and stand beside the bed so we can help him get up there. He is too big and cant jump up there on his own. He will jump up and put his upper body on the bed, then we have to pick his big ole butt up there. :D

We aren't going to force Casper to get up there if he doesnt want to. He is slowly but surely exploring new rooms in the house. We are just going to let him do his thing and get comfortable with the surroundings at his own pace.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's awesome of you and Lora. I can't comprehend not taking the dog to the shelter, if they couldn't keep it any longer?

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

:stupid:

Rescues are the best dogs ever. Mad props to Chris and Lora. :up: