Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I bet those Marc Marquez Lotus watches are selling like hot cakes now :D
    They look cool and are not that expensive...
    It was odd when he received a Tissot at the awards ceremony.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I tried getting a marquez Lotus in zurich my last trip over. The store had one but it was green or something stupid like that. Plus I didn't want to pay the price in swiss francs, it was way too much.

Marquez also got a freakin' M6. That'll stay cruchy in milk!

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yep. I'll take the M6 Coupé over the Tissot which he'll most certainly not be allowed to wear by the terms of his contract with Lotus :rolleyes:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It'll look nice parked in his parent's drive way since he and his brother still live with mom and dad. :D

Hey, I'll take a free tissot. Shoot man, free is my favorite word. :D

5. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

i already have a 16700 GMT, which was my first Rol ever-im keeping that forever..I've always liked the Sub-but like you said, everyone has one. I've also looked at the Sea Dwellers-which would probably be my next piece!

as for my Omega PO that I recently got, I traded that one in for this...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love Panerais with all of my body especially my pee pee. :up:

I've been thinking about selling/ trading in my 00112 base towards a 00244 GMT.

But really, what I want to do is direct. . . er, I'm crushing on ETA movement super quartzs lately and sniffing around for a time attack or airwolf raven.

7. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

the 112 will always be classic, I say keep that and just get the 244 when it pops up around TRF (someone now is selling one for $6500) or Paneristi..but keep in mind-the 40mm Pams do not retain value as much as the 44mm ones-so if u decide to trade it :down:

that airwolf reminds me of the Breitling Emergency-one of my fav watches :up:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  8. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, the Tsovet discount code is: smokingdeal881.

9. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Im a fan of thin watches, who makes some of the thinnest out there for under $300?

10. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

The skagen ( i think sp?) stuff is thin, and attractive. Not the highest quality in the world but gets the job done and looks sharp.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

12. Nice! Thanks. I used last years code well ;)

Thinnest ? Not sure ... I have a paper thin Jorg grey but this one is pretty nice. And on sale right now. (First time I've seen it on sale this cheap). Bulova 98A122 case is 7mm. Just looked it up my Jorg grey 2700 is 7mm too. Amazon has a red one on sale (last one) half price . Dang it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Mens-9...TF8&colid=14GXBA0CUF17X&coliid=I3Q407CZKQEP7H

http://www.amazon.com/Jorg-Gray-JG2700-13-Unisex-Display/dp/B004UHW1LU

13. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

My Rare Omega Seamaster Bullhead Chronograph: 1969.

Unusual asymmetric vintage ‘bullhead’ chronograph with date and bi-directional 60-min inner bezel. Movement: Caliber 930, Hand-wound mechanical. Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph and date, 17 jewels.

In 1969, Omega introduced one of their most remarkable watches in terms of design: the Seamaster ST146.011 The ‘Bullhead’ style was originally developed for race car drivers, who wanted easier activation of the chronograph and minimal pusher interference.

I might sell her but I haven't decided yet. I wear it maybe a few times a year to some nice events. The rest of the time I don't like wearing watches or rings.

Attached Files:

14. Not that I know anything about anything but is that an original strap ? That's a nice toy for someone who doesn't wear watches. I may have 5 for it ;) if you really want to get rid of it you know. It's the giving season and 5k looks better on the wrist

15. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks :beer:

16. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

Not even close to the original strap. I just put this one on recently because I didn't like the old one. The watch belonged to my Dad (he had a bunch of different watches). I have no idea where or exactly when he got it.

Thanks for the offer - you certainly have good taste. The watch looks great on the wrist. It's a nice size and definitely gets noticed. I had it serviced not long ago. The jeweler actually thanked me for bringing it to him. He was really into Omega watches and loved checking out internals. He confirmed it was all original, which is what I thought but it's nice to hear.

There are so many great watches you can get at $5K these days, for sure. I can't believe how many choices. I know that Omega issued a new Seamaster. It's cool but....you know.....

17. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Grrrr.... And it works on the special edition one too... Wife is going to kill me.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm refusing to even look at the site so I don't get divorced....

19. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

1/2 price...
    Christmas time...
    Can't have too many watches...

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I spent my watch money over at Lowes on appliances.