dog question

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, if nothing else you've been adopted by a great breed of dog :D

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

We need some pics Bill!! :clap::clap:

3. Absolutely. I love those dogs. I wish i could be that lucky. I want another big dog, but it isnt really fair because when im gone Lora would have to take care of both of them. But if something like that were to happen, i could be like "it isn't my fault, the dog kinda adopted me, i can't help it. We have no choice but to keep her; it would be mean not to". :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A funny little family story. When my brother was just a boy, some 35 years ago, he would bring any and all of gods creatures home. Mom wasn't having it.

Mom: What is that?
    Jeff: A dog
    Mom: I know it's a dog. Where did you get it?
    Jeff: He followed me home
    Mom: Take it back
    Jeff: He wants to stay here
    Mom: Take it back
    Jeff: But he has my scent. He won't go back
    Mom: TAKE IT BACK!
    Jeff: 0k

5. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

This is awesome.

6. RevRacing

FWIW...this is the first thread in the history of the beeb that nobody was an asshole. Faith is restored.

7. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Seriously...this has made my afternoon a couple times over already! Take some pictures Bill...

8. Fuck off!

9. RevRacing

No you fuck off!

(normal order restored)

10. Faith lasted 5 minutes. :crackup:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You have missed quite a few great threads, it seems. Especially around the holidays.

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Came home from work one day to find a chihuahua sitting next to my lab in the back yard. We have iron fencing on one side she could get through. She ran under the shed when I went outside so I sat down on the stoop and waited, after about 15 minutes she came out, five minutes later she was in my lap. I prefer bigger dogs so I found her another home, she stayed there two weeks but never bonded with them. They brought her back, when the opened the car door she ran to me. Later found her another home where she was happy. Sure was interesting how dogs can choose someone though.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Now you need to get a keg collar for it

[​IMG]

14. Excellent call!

Saint Bernards MUST have a Keg collar. :clap:

Those dogs are awesome. Now I am wanting one.

But look at his face. He is just like "Dude. Cmon. Shit". :crackup:

15. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

That is very kind of you to take the dog in! Goodluck!!!

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up::up: Congrats on your new buddy

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Maybe I missed it but what is her name?

18. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

BABY

is her name the same as one of my other dogs. I have just been calling her Big Dog for now . she answers to anything. it's not so much I have "taken her in" as she has just decided to move down here. she is still traveling back across the field to jeff and polly's but during our talk I think he has decided to stop putting food out if she won't stay . I think he got her a few months ago . he says she was an escapee from the animal shelter ( his work place is next door to it) and that she had been returned there by the owner that originally adopted her for the same reason. I'ts not hard to take up to her though. my dobe/rott mix ( like Booger) likes to play with her but may be a little jealous too . my corgie mix ( older dog) is a little bewildered by the new arrival though I've tried to explaini to her that she came about the same way. she was dropped at our lane and she stayed too. we'll just see how it works out. I was thinking I had enough dogs and wasn't planning on replacing the one I lost in the spring. takes some getting use to. bill and darethea

ps . I'll get a pick but she looks pretty much like the one posted minus the keg.

19. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

new turn of events

her name is actually "Bella" I did some research by calling the local vets and the animal shelter to check on her vaccinations and there were a lot of errors on everyones part. seems the dog was visiting with the owners daughter who worked at the shelter and wandered off. the manager of the shelter "gave" the dog to my neighbor who brought her in off the road . the owners didn't know of this and have searched for the dog for three months . we had a long talk. I told them they could have the dog back but after talking with me and the fact they had gotten 2 other dogs have decided to leave Bella with me. so I have another dog. she is starting to meld into the family pretty good. thanks to all for your support! bill and darethea yeah I got to take a pic.

20. Good on you for doing the research and taking her in. :clap: