1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Montgomery motor Cop Busted for Drag Racing With a Citizen Biker

Discussion in 'General' started by eric hunter, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

:up:

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Very good! :bow:

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He's doing because of public pressure because people like you think that it's okay for people in his position to fuck off. What he did was serious and warranted to be fired. Do you think this is the first time that officer did this? I think it's the first time he got caught. Ymmv.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... Your belief is that all cops need to be robocop while on duty and can't be a little real with the people in their community? Lighten up, Francis.

5. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Cops can be real with the people in their community without being stupid. That little contest of acceleration was stupid. With that said, it deserved a few days off without pay, not termination.

6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Oh, I dunno...

While were making assumptions, why don't we just go right ahead and assume that this motorcycle officer could most likely be your best chance at recovering your stolen bike while the other officers (the robotic ticket writers) just blow off your stolen property.

Or perhaps we can assume further and this officer was at the scene of an accident where a car knocked you off your bike and then fled. I know I'd rather have a few elitist car officers show up. :rolleyes:

Seems to me that the officer was just having a good time with a fellow citizen.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Keeping it real!

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Cops don't have to be elitist to do their job. Adding unnecessary risk into the equation just makes their job that much more difficult to do.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is not going above the speed limit somehow dangerous? He wasn't sideways, wasn't doing burnouts, was just accelerating to the speed limit. Goofy, fun, enjoyable for him and the citizen, totally legal.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:rolleyes:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: yep

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

How is doing something totally legal, that's done by damn near every motorcyclist in the history of the world, being stupid enough to even deserve a suspension?

13. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

A lot better than the cop that helps bust out the windows of your Range Rover.

14. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

OK for you kids... back in the day..It was the MOTOR City, not the Murder City. In the mid-late 1960's to the mid 1970's. Woodward Avenue had stop lights like half to a quarter mile in near the city limits (6 mile road.?), then every mile further out.. When Hwy 696 was new, had almost no traffic after midnight.. went from like Southfield to Brighton and beyond.

Now how would you like to be in your Corvette at a stop light... and next to you is a Ford station wagon with a blower sticking out of the hood..? Engines rev.. the light turns green.. the Corvette won... but then he forgot to see the "bubble gum" light on top of that Ford.. he won the "race" and the ticket too..! Yes that is how it was.. We would stop at Ted's on the Hill for a 5x5 burger.. best burger around.. and they had car hops to deliver them... Ted's eliminated the drive in part and got a liquor license.. booo..

So, Thursday night... 696.. the road would get closed off.. yes by the State Police.. and then the racing started at 100 MPH.. hence the Top End Club. Now at that time there nothing there but Hwy... Oh yes, and some of the State Cop cars had their 440 replaced by Hemi's.. with cross rams and all that... Then one day a full blown dragster showed up.. not that was considered over the top... so the guy took his back up dragster, shortened it and put a body on it... the Funny Car was born..! In Brighton was a 24 hour coffee shop.. still there I believe... that was where both the car gals and guys hung out and the Hwy Patrol. There is a Hwy Patrol station in Brighton, FYI.. you would see all kinds of cars in the big parking lot..! Oh yes and the owner of the coffee shop was a real guy... all his waitresses were HOT, dressed in short cut outfits... legs and cleavage were the faire..!!

But one day the media got hold of it... lots of people got fired.. it was well documented.. My pal had the Corvette.. I had a 1964 Pontiac with a Super Duty in it... great fun... Oh yes, and that is where we would pick up the chic's as well... I met one gal that I then dated... when I went to pick her up for the first date, her Mom took me to the bathroom and washed my hands... guess I left hand prints on her sweater when I met her... :)

It was a happening time back then... Dangerous..? sure.. but never ever heard of an accident... most of the time it was a blown up engine with parts to clean up off the road.. One trend that started and still happens today... the drag strips got closed down, Autocross events came and went... due to no one wanting kids playing in "their" back yard. How many tracks can you name that are gone now..? Kids (and adults that think they still are kids) need a place to play.. and street racing is back again...
    Ron

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  15. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Cops can be disciplined for all sorts of things that are perfectly lawful. Lawful just means you won't go to jail. It doesn't mean there won't be consequences.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

99 out of 100 cops would've pulled the CBR over for taking off from that light like he did. He wheelied it big time while racing the cop. If the speed limit is 60, it's not a race to get to 60. While I don't think the cop needed a suspension, maybe just a talking to.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think they can write you up for racing whether or not you break the speed limit, though.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure they can - looked like two motorcyclists riding next to each other to me. We all ride like that, it's not racing :D

19. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that, in some states, what those motorcyclists did would be considered a criminal, traffic offense. Achieved speeds wouldn't matter. Even if Alabama isn't one of those states, a cop engaging in a drag race, however brief, with another vehicle in broad daylight and on a well-traveled, public road just looks awful. That's why he got into trouble.

20. keevo54

keevo54 Well-Known Member

Yea they can. Ask me how I know :D. Also got threatened to be arrested for accelerating too quickly in my car. He said I was racing. I asked who and he said it was an exhibition of speed and he could get me for racing smh