1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of rule changes for AMA in 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

it wouldnt be smart for Yamaha or any oem to tote the note.
    But Im sure it wouldnt take much arm twisting of any number of predatory lenders like Capital one to open up a whole market of sales.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely true.

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

BINGO!! why tie up my cash when i can finance our shop sprinter with $0 out of pocket, 2.9%, take advantage of write offs and depreciation AND have something with a warranty that i don't have to worry about when my crew is on the road hauling customers bikes?? I am big believer in what you said Dave, "use THEIR money" :beer:

i still think AMA Board (not the good folks AT the races) are on some corner in Brooklyn playing "find the queen" with our series lately... which red cup is it in... :mad:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no AMA board running the series. It's the people you see at the races along with David Atlas. Jim France owns it. There is no one else really. AMA in Ohio has absolutely nothing to do with it.

5. ed who?

I was saying the good people are the people personally deal with. Tech, scoring, announcing, registration ladies etc. I see Atlas and such at the cc meetings but to me he's not running it. Maybe I'm way off just doesn't seem like the guy calling shots behind the curtains.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're way off :D

7. ed who?

Fair enough. Guess I'll pay more attention to the AMA minutes and emails. Cheers

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When you say AMA minutes - which AMA are you talking about?

Same for emails - I'm guessing the race stuff from DMG but not sure.

Either way, I know who is supposed to be in charge of DMG. I also know who actually goes to meetings and makes deals.

9. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Reading the rule book I noticed that the 30 day no practice/club race for Supersport and xr1200 only applies to the top 5 the past 3 years. It's not in red but I thought it was for everyone last year. I may have missed it.

10. Im pretty sure it was the same last year also. I know it wasn't for everybody. But I cant remember if it was the top 3, top 5 or top 10. If it isn't red then I have to assume it was top 5.

11. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Yep I missed it last year. I'm an idiot.

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Is the AMA going to Saturday & Sunday only events? If you look at the track schedules, there's only two days listed at NJMP and Mid-Ohio. Would that explain the raised cutoff (less practice)?