1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official GNF update thread

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

I was referring to his 2012 stats(his only podiums were 2 3rd place finishes) that would determine his status for this year. No question he should be expert in 2014.

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Yeah, my bad. I was just focusing on his 2013 stats. Sorry, it is a Monday..

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool and thanks for coming out! BTW - you'll go faster in the race and wonder how you dropped the time :D

4. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

That's crap. Everyone knows cheating is the only way to drop time.

5. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

I've heard that.. which would be great because maybe then I could compete a little bit. I even bought a t-shirt which means I have to do it right :)

I am going to make sure to tryo out some slicks or DOT's before doing a race because I have still only run street tires (Q2's) at the track and can only assume that some REAL sticky rubber also makes a big difference!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Heard about Big 'Un, hoping he has a quick recovery.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Word so far is good.

8. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

Can anyone say what happened to Tim and how he is?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He crashed in T9 and played lawn dart, hit pretty good on his head. He's still in the hospital getting all the tests to make sure he's okay but so far it all looks good. Beaten and bruised but nothing major last I heard - however testing wasn't complete.

10. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i assume your referring to Tim Hunt? i figured something happened, didn't see him on any of the results posted...

11. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

Thanks and wishing him a speedy recovery.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bemiderfer, crashed in the last race yesterday.

13. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

:stupid:

I bet he stole your lunch money too....and took advantage of your mom!

Get over it kid!

14. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Thank you for this update! :up:

Big'um's a tuff cookie! He must of really hit hard to go to the hospital!

15. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

:crackup:

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update . Thinking about it since Huey's post.

Get Well !!

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I finished 5th in the ESS race after learning to ride the thing again... I neglected to charge my transponder so I chose to take a DQ rather than pay the $50 for 5th. In hindsight, I wish I would have paid the cash. I would have gotten 1st or 2nd or something...

I just wanted to make it known I wasnt one of those cheatin ass summabishes!!!! BRAAAAAGHBARBLE FLIBBITY FLAM! lmao jk jk Sucks about the filter infractions. Hopefully everyone's filters get figured out for next season.

I had some amazingly fun battles in every race I entered....except for the HWT races...cause I hate my big bike. Congrats to everyone that contested this weekend and thanks to everyone involved with WERA.

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Kathy and I missed seeing you and your girls. Next year for sure! Stay in touch my EX500 brother!

19. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Hey Eddie was great meeting you and pitted across ya in Tucker's pits. Sorry to see ya had bad luck you were riding well. :up:

20. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Holy shit I just realized I got 4th in Senior Superbike HW Novice.:up::up:

It was the race where the dude jumped the start and stopped mid track and then pushed his bike backwards across the track. Anyway he was right in front of me so it greatly affected my start. I think I was last into corner one. A bit of bad luck for the other guys turned out to be good luck for me as I passed about 6-8 riders that got tied up in a collision in turn 5. It was a combined race so I had no idea where I finished but figured I was so far back that I didn't even check the results. Nice surprize when I checked the stats today.

Also I like to say something about sportsmanship, comradery and karma.
    This weekend I was pitted with my usual group of misfits. Chris King is there also. He crashes and needs some gsxr parts. He's trying to ask me for some parts but he's a little excited and I can hardly understand what he's saying. I just point at the blue parts box and say the spares are in there. We find his parts and off he goes and wins the Senior Superbike HW Novice. Nice, I'm giving parts to a guy who's about to kick my ass in my next couple of races.
    Well here's were Karma kicks in. I fry my clutch in my second race and guess who has one for me. Yup Chris!:beer:
    Also I've got to thank Dave Grey for helping swap out my clutch plates. Ok, Ok he did all the work while I just handed him tools. Thanks Dave.

I've been involved in several different sports in my life but I've got to say the comradery in this group is second to none. I had a blast all year. My hat goes off to all of you.:bow:

This isn't GNF but it sums up how I fell about this year and racing with all of you. Eric shot this at Grattan.
    Skip right to end at 13:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJQHJyRjVM

Thanks to all of you.
    Steve