1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies to choose....

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope he comes back and races WERA endurance with Schwantz and the rest of his buddies.

Be cool to see him team with Schwantz and third rider at the 2014 suzuka 8 hours. But only if he's 100% and he's enjoying himself doing it.

2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I could see him maybe riding after another year off. But who knows. Seems like he's t peace with it knowing that he's not 100%. Real sad to see him retire this young.

3. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

I doubt Patricia would like that too much.

He's had some mindbogglingly hot girlfriends, so I doubt this is a concern. Remember Leticia?

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

anyone else get the feeling this was a convenience (for all parties) way to bail on the Ducati contract and come back a free agent in 2015?

5. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

Ban this guy.....now.

6. caferace

caferace No.

How ya doin', Pops? Watching the racing?

-jim

7. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

Doing great and yeah, watching it now. Good race....as usual.

8. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

Sorry sir, apparently there's some drama I'm not up to speed on.

Crazy skank, it appears. But sexy as hell.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well maybe we can entice him back into racing. Harvey's Racing Chickens could have a factory seat available next year.

For a mere $17.50, in cash, we could lease you the best D-Super equipment on the grid. No more having to deal with that crap ass Italian machine.

Sincerely,

Harvey Kneussbaum
    CEO of HRC

P.S. Bring cash. We do not accept credit cards or checks from the unemployed.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I said it was a metaphor...

I just think Ben has to be frustrated and burnt out.

I enjoy what I do, and I still need time off. Hell, I love riding, and there are times I want to quit... For a guy who experienced so much success for so long, poor luck and bad results have to be even harder to swallow.

11. pearsonm

pearsonm Well-Known Member

From purely a business perspective it makes absolute sense Ducati had to get out.

12. pearsonm

pearsonm Well-Known Member

That may be true, but I don't know how much can be inferred from that alone. There are thousands of examples of people who are maddeningly talented at something but don't appear as devoted as the rest of us feel they should. Then you have someone like Stoner who loves being on a bike but doesn't like the game…

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:
    Hey Henry.

14. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

Hey Papa. Shoot me an e-mail when you can. Lot's going on lately.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, go ahead an CC me. And Henry, be sure to hit reply all when you reply to him. I mean, us. :up:

16. ElBigBC

ElBigBC Never done learning

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Is Ben suffering from JHS?

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Elbowz! Post up your Ben pics.

Took this in the Yosh garage in 2007 @Vir. The Golden Years.
    [​IMG]

19. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Us much as I understand his conclusion that lead to this decision, I do hate it for guy to have had such a tough go lately. I'm hoping that he will find an interest in something that will allow him to share his talents with the rest of the world.

A follow up from the post above^

VIR 08
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think he was wearing his leave me the F*** alone face.
    [​IMG]

I was lucky enough to travel to CZ during his epic SBK campaign year in 09 so a stop at Brno was on the cards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Podium interview after winning race 2, (he was taken out by Fabrizio, the man on his left in race 1)
    [​IMG]

20. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Suzuki motogp 2015.