"Official" Craigslist failure thread

Discussion in 'General' started by trashman_nate, Apr 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

3. caferace

caferace No.

4. mdr14

mdr14 What?

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Nope....and he said he was pretty firm on the price. Admittedly, I called just to see if he talked like "Boomhauer" from King of the Hill.

6. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I live in eugene its how we talk the bike is probably worth it if he says it is most bike out here in the rainy northwest are actually in better then showroom collector condition thanks to the constant washing they receive while tooling to starbucks buy it Boccarp

7. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

9. mdr14

mdr14 What?

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

1997 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
    220K Miles
    4.0 L in-line 6
    4WD
    AUTOMATIC Transmission
    Bright Red
    Straight Stock
    Crank Windows, no cruise, no tilt, no delay wiper, no nonsense
    POWER MIRRORS! Woo Hoo!

$1750

Here's the deal, kids:
    This is a Jeep Cherokee. This is not a luxury SUV, or a maintenance-free disposable import. It has solid front axles, wind noise, and character.
    It's a Jeep. It rides like a Jeep. It drives like a Jeep. All of these are GOOD things.
    It is not new, it is not pristine, it is used. This will be apparent in the pictures.

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and bitch a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bullshit job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you own a bieber album, white oakleys, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid shit: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.
    Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
    Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
    While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
    Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
    Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
    When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fenceline do you consider taking on another project?
    Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
    -could you not care less?
    Do you have Jalopnik saved on your laptop AND smartphone?
    Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
    Do you still miss your first ride?
    Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
    Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
    Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.

DETAILS:
    -I am the second owner. First owner barely got it dirty and engaged the front axles once.
    -I have remedied this excessive caretaking with muddy roads and a pile of fun.
    -The motor uses a little oil. How much? I don't know, I'm not collecting statistical analysis points.
    I check the oil, I fill the oil, I drive. Not enough to bother me.
    -It leaks a little oil. How much? Not enough for me to care. It has 220,000 miles, Poindexter!
    If you have a vehicle with 220K NOT leaking or burning oil, it's empty!
    -Rear bumper has a big-ass crease in it. I dented it backing into a concrete pole. Sober.
    We drove away giggling, for the record. Haven't fixed it.
    -Driver's side door was caught by the wind, whipped forward, got into the LF quarter panel.
    -Radiator has a small leak. Pinhole. I can replace the radiator or you can. Really doesn't matter
    A new radiator and hoses will run $145. If you don't want to replace them I will.
    Add $250 to the price of vehicle. This includes radiator, hoses, and labor (beer). A freaking bargain.
    -The badass little 4.0L bullet-proof in-line six starts and runs like the proverbial champ.
    -Tranny and 4WD operate perfectly
    -Tires will need replaced in a couple thousand miles. I haven't upgraded because I had plans:
    Had planned a small lift, upgrade to 17" Wrangler wheels, and more aggressive tires.
    Life got in the way - it ain't happening.
    -Zombie stickers on the right rear window stay. My daughter's idea, take it up with her.
    -Flogging Molly sticker stays as well. They kick ass, so there.

QUESTIONS:
    -Why are you selling?
    I can't justify owning it anymore. Motorsickles, kiddos, work, travel, and beer have consumed my time and money.
    Someone else needs to appreciate the Jeep for what it is: awesome mechanical artistry.

-What's wrong with it?
    Radiator. Small oil leaks. Driver's side door cosmetic issues.
    And it's pissed it has been neglected and parked. It needs rescued.

-Does the 4WD work?
    Hell yes. Like a Dickensian Orphan.

-Will you sell me the [engine / tranny / rear door / axle / etc.]?
    No. I'm not in the salvage business. Buy the Jeep. Love the Jeep. Give the Jeep a home.

-Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
    No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number]
    Want a cheap car? Get your kid that lowered tuner piece of shit honda project down the road.
    I think I'm plenty cheap for this bad mofo.

-Why is it still stock?
    Because I bought it for a daily driver with the intention of turning it into a project.
    I haven't had the time to do so. So I am selling it.

-Can I put a 6" lift and giant tires on it?
    I don't give a shit. But be sure to use quality components and for God's sake - get it aligned after a lift!

-Would this make a good car for my daughter?
    Hell. Yes. Not only a good car, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance.
    Additionally, there isn't really enough room in the back for that little bastard she's dating to try anything.

-Can you deliver?
    Within reason. I'd drive it a hundred miles or so. But really, you should come get it. Look it over. Have a beer. Etc.

-Will you take a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?
    Would you take a ball pein hammer to the forehead?
    No. I'll take Cash. Period. Bring cash or don't show.

-Will you ship to -?
    No. See above.

-No, really, all I have is [lowball dollar amount]?
    That's great, I don't give a shit. Unicef ain't running this deal, and until they do I want $1750.
    Why? Because I don't HAVE to sell this little beauty. Truth be known, I'd rather keep it.
    But if it's going to a good home - I will sell. Unless you're an asshole - then no sale.

-Why are you such a dick?
    Everything is relative; you should see my friends.

Any other questions, feel free to reply to this email and ask.

Posting ID: 4119280944

Posted: 2013-10-09, 11:39AM CDT

Updated: 2013-10-09, 3:36PM CDT

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

12. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

13. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

Another stupid ad from the fine city of Eugene Oregon. If you missed the first one from 3 days ago, see my post about the 92 GSRX,
    and now a Hawk.

[email protected]

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Your link is the mail reply, not the ad.

15. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

16. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Yeah its Eugene quit stalking my city we sell shit here that is way way better then your crap thats why we get such a great asking price because its worth it ive seen a used 2XIB go for 4XIB just because it was being sold here just ask anybody in california and they will tell you our shit is the best thats why they are constantly coming here to buy it

http://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/4125066840.html

like this biddy here as you can see they must be locals because we never use those stupid commies or peereeuds when we write things punctuation it just slows us down you can tell this scooter is a great deal because it is flat black murder style is a sleeper of a beast and for sale here in E-town

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Anyone we know?

THE BEST BY FAR!!! HONDA CRF100F CRF100 XR100 XR100R DIRTBIKE PERFECT! - $1099 (BUFORD, GEORGIA)

[​IMG]
    SUPER FUN & EXTREMELY TRICK HONDA CRF100F. TONS OF MONEY INVESTED! NO EXPENSE WAS SPARED. RUNS AND RIDES BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS!!! AWESOME!!! NEVER A PROBLEM... EVER!

Here's your chance to own the most fun, easy to ride, valuable super dirtbike you may ever experience at the lowest, nearly "giveaway" price!
    I am an authoritative 2 Class Champion roadracer who used to bang bars against Kevin Schwantz, therefore I can assure you I shipped this bike off for the highest quality workmanship and BBR parts to build my Honda CRF100 F. Nothing else comes anywhere close.
    This dirtbike comes with all of the below and more. I'm wouldn't ever sell this sweet machine that I've owned for 3 years, but my Son's buying his 1st car.

BBR 120cc High Compression Big Bore cylinder.
    BBR 120cc High Compression Big Bore piston.
    BBR 120cc High Compression Big Bore rings.
    BBR Hot cam.
    BBR heavy duty valve springs.
    BBR valve guide seals.
    Blueprinted & Ported head, enlarging the combustion chamber to a 125cc
    Leo Vince Carbin Fiber & Stainless Steel Header.
    Carb is redesigned and re-jetted.
    Iridium Denso spark plug.
    Re-mapped Anti Rev Limiter ignition.
    TRICK flywheel.
    Comfortable, PRO TAPER "Seven Eighths" SE, low rise Honda mini handlebars.
    Excel light weight, aluminum wheels both front and rear.
    MSR light weight, aluminum, folding gear shifter.
    Renthal sprockets & chain.
    Synthetic oil changed frequently.

This is the most easy to ride, F-U-N and reliable dirtbike that I have ever witnessed! Everybody L-O-V-E-S it!
    Always starts instantly up and runs purrrrrrrrfect! Never ever causes any problems.
    A super F-U-N torque monster for sure! Sounds awesome & absolutely flys!
    Hate to sell this CRF !!! I L-O-V-E my thumper !!!

$1,099
    [​IMG](770) 601-3698 Call me anytime... (texting doesn't work).

XR XR50 XR70 XR80 XR100 XR100R XR250 XR250R CRF CRF80 CRF80F CRF100 CRF100F CRF150 CRF150F CRF150R CRF250 CRF250F KX KX60 KX65 KX80 KX85 KX100 KLX110 KX125 KX250 KX250F RM60 RM65 RM80 RM85 RM125 RM250 RMZ250 PW50 YZ80 TTR TTR50 TTR90 TTR125 TTR125L TTR125LE YZ85 YZ125 YZ250 DIRTBIKE DIRT BIKE MOTOCROSS MOTOCROSSER MOTO-X SUPERMOTARD ROADRACE SEMRA CAMRA WERA AMA PITBIKE PIT BIKE MINIBIKE MINI SUPERMINI EXPERT BIG WHEEL
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Posting ID: 4098244772
    Posted: 2013-09-29, 10:13AM EDT
    Updated: 2013-10-13, 3:01PM EDT
    email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
    Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or

18. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Anyone notice the trip reset button on that Jeep I posted? I just noticed it :)

[​IMG]

19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dam, I hope you are kidding man! :crackup:

20. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Of course. Except for the 2XIB part...this is the University of Oregon after all. :beer: