Need a new leather jacket...

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Been riding on the street pretty regularly for the last few months and realizing now that I'm in need a new jacket. I don't want anything vented or cut super tight, I'll likely have a hoodie on under it. I've been out of the street ride world for so long I have no idea where to look anymore for something that isn't crap.

Vanson? Who else? I would check with the usual race suit makers, but I'm not really looking for something boy-racer-ish. Moreso something that is comfortable and warm. It's hell gettin old....

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When it cools off I wear textile on the street. Don't knock it till you've seen some of the new materials. I turned my nose up at it for a long time but all those aerostitch owners can't be wrong. Several brands to choose from.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Vanson has those ones with the zip out liner.

4. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Had mine for around 15 years. That thing is never going to wear out :up:

5. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i've had a astars dyno since 02, still looks good and nothing wrong with it, a little worn looking but thats about it

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Leather does not retain heat in cold weather. Go with a good textile and a Gerbing heated jacket underneath. I have nice Olympia which works well.

8. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I want my damn Dickies jacket with a back protector and some elbow/shoulder pads. I love that ratty old thing but it ain't no riding jacket for sure.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I have a Joe Rocket solid leather jacket, zip vents, armor in the elbows, zip out liner. I have only worn it 4 or 5 times. Size 44. Hit me up if interested. I don't ride on the street anymore and it is just hanging in the closet.

10. Scotty87

Thanks man but i dont think a 44 will fit me. Appreciate it tho!

11. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Scotty, I have this Vanson that I bought from motorcycle leather exchange years ago that is to big for me so I never wear it, actually forgot it was even in the closet till I saw this post. Near is I can tell it was brand new when I bought it.

[​IMG]

It is a size 48. I am a fairly skinny 5'11" @ 170lbs, waist is a 32 so the jacket has a little to much room around the middle for me especially when riding.

If you are interested and think it would fit let me know.

Mitch

12. Scotty87

Hmm. I'm 6'1 245 athletic build (for a 38 year old :eek:), usually wear a 34 or 36 waist jeans. Do you think there's room for that? I'll go check my old race suits for size comparison. Definitely interested.

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

That's a nice Vanson! Love those jackets. If Scotty isn't interested let me know.

14. Lion heart. Custom tailored jacket for $360. Been wearing it all summer. Fits great. Good construction and Scott has awesome customer service.

15. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I would say yes unless you have an extrememly long torso and short legs. Best thing would probably be to check out sizing charts on Vanson's site. For reference I normally wear a size 44 jacket so I would say a 48 would be pretty close to perfect for someone your size.

Long story short on how I ended up with it is I tried to buy something from them that was complete wrong and they would only give store credit and this 48 was the closest thing to my size so I took chance on it.

16. Scotty87

Cool man, PM me a price

17. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Not to step on anyone's toes but I have this Vanson jacket size US 48 that I listed on the classifieds some time ago. I'm 6'3 225lbs and the jacket had "breathing room".... If anyone wants more information send a PM....

Attached Files:

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

No worries. Yeah I am 5' 10" 185 no way mine would fit you.

19. herbie

herbie Well-Known Member

update: Jacket in post #11 SOLD.

I wanted to thank "bullockcm" for the smooth transaction on the purchase of his Vanson jacket. It was a pleasure to deal with you Mitch. :up: