1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sell Street Bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Oct 10, 2013.

1. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

What will it cost ya if you throw their bike into a ball of fire (not saying it will happen, but...)? If nothing, do it. If they charge you for a ruined bike, get your own. Would suck having to pay for a bike you don't own.

2. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

Just called and got the low down - $450 for the rental of the bike and all gear (sans helmet - although you can add it at additional cost) plus $100 non refundable deductible. I you go down its $350 that's it. Not too bad. Worst case scenario I spend $900...best case $550 and no worries of wadding my bike and can test the waters.

3. Tony216

Tony216 Well-Known Member

I'll play devil's advocate. According to my research, you can buy an SV650 for $3,300, race it for two years, then sell it for $3,400 on the WERA Classifieds.

If you do get bit by the track bug, you'll find that your GSXR rarely gets ridden.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I still think you buy yourself a trackbike. Even renting a bike you're dumping a lot of money that could be put towards a trackbike instead.

Also, make sure you have good health insurance and a way to get home in case you smash yourself up and can't drive.

5. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

Good points here!! 2 SV's one for street and one for racing is a great idea.

6. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

your location alone says "sell street bike." CT? too much snow.
    '08 gixxers aren't going anywhere. sell it and get new girl while you're at it