1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Spooner, Sep 17, 2013.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

They did it to save people from the confusion of opening all the mail folders when in the inbox while swiping to delete, a step to far I admit, I never started my swipe to delete from the left edge of the screen, those that do however would have been opening the folders while trying to delete.

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Lost my podcasts, always used the music app........ :( I liked it the way it was, didn't need a separate app and could quickly switch to music.

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Because someone is finally bitching about a UI change in something other than Windows :beer:

4. Seems like the IT guy was pretty clear on what the problem was. :Poke:

Though, siding with the fact that most corporate IT guys are no more useful than a McDonalds drive through worker. Could I assume they are perpetuating the misconceptions of how crappy windows is? You guys stand by it. Which, btw, totally confuses me. (I know my product well and will stand by its positives but won't discuss its potential areas for improvement)

Btw I love the windows tablet vs iPad commercials. If you know those guys tell them to keep it up. They always forget the part, though, where they don't mention that they put a bunch of stuff on that ppl don't really need( like where's the CDROM slot). I always think its a joke and keep waiting for them to go "yes all these things but we still know we aren't as good as an iPad" My brain always thinks hey Hyundai put leather seats in and compared themselves to a Mercedes. :crackup:

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

One thing that annoys me is having to press the bottom of the screen I'm safari before I can navigate back. The button should be superimposed like it was on ios6

6. Agreed. I'm getting into the habit of just top pushing first (back to top of screen) then going back. I tried to use gestures on the phone like on the Mac but no go

Which reminds me. I've always used a trackpad which in my head made my Mac nearly touchscreen minus the fingerprints

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Well they indeed got my profile back, but all my files are still missing. Oh well. Windows still sucks ass. :down:

8. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Swipe from left to right, it will go back a page

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Oh fuck. Derrrrrrrrr

10. wac

wac Well-Known Member

And left to right too.

11. Haha. I was trying to two finger it. Single makes it works! Tacky jokes accepted

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Love the OS. Hate that a file was corrupted so I had to start with a fresh phone

13. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Also, if you just touch the menu bar at the top, the bottom controls re-appear.

14. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

May just be my phone but keyboard and typing suck on 7.

Taking me forever to just type this. Crapple!!

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What phone are you on and how much space do you have left

16. roy826ex

Its a 4 and no where near full. It worked fine on ios 6.3.1

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

My 4 was slow enough with 6.3.1. I upgraded to a 5s instead of putting 7 on.

18. roy826ex

I have been putting it off but it looks like a phone upgrade is in my future. This one is irritating. Works fine on everything but the keyboard.

19. Went to download a new app from the iTunes Store. After I put in my password it started downloading the entire page. This is going to be costly. I don't even know who to call. I'm laughing but only because I know that if my windows machine did something this stupid I would have bashed it into a million pieces. However, because apple isn't normally a piece of shit it gets a pass. Logical ? Probably not. But who cares the account is probably linked to the old lady's bank ;)

20. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

go to settings, and "reset all settings". if that doesnt work, do a factory reset, then restore.

it fixed my typing issues.