Dunlop d212 GP

Discussion in 'Tech' started by pelich, Apr 30, 2012.

1. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

they only have 212 front. no 211's left in the US.

they set the record at louden a few weeks back. drop the front about 3-4mm.

they run lower PSI that the 211's

2. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

We tried that..... Low pressure, high pressure, tall front, short front..... Look at the profile of the tire and that is how it feels when you ride it.... Have you ridden them yet?

3. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

That's hilarious. What bike was he on? Everyone there on Saturday (all 12 of us) were great and extremely helpful to each other. I don't think one person unloaded or loaded all their stuff by themselves. I usually don't like being combines with INT but there was only one idiot present and the day was crash free.

I'm 30 minutes away so yeah, no tent for me either. Did it stay dry yesterday?

4. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

I think the guy was on an older r1. It was overcast when I got there at 9:30 and it was hot and sunny by 10:30. Very few riders so it was nice to have that much time to play with tires. I can't believe the GPAs work better.

5. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

I run Michelins as I said and haven't been on Dunlops ever besides when riding a friend's bike so I can't comment. I decided to play with tires, too. I found out how to learn throttle control while sliding out of and into every corner on a 7 year-old Power Race rear. Made for some good photo ops that the lady conveniently missed lol. There were no 1000's there on Saturday so idk who it was. I mounted my last PR rear after the last session on saturday so its time to find out what the Cups are like.

I had one dude on an SV number 0 with white plates that would get angry when passed and out broke himself several times trying to repass. I think he was on a Novice's borrowed bike.

Trying to stay on subject I've been pondering switching tires lately just to see what else is out there but I've heard an abundance of negative feedback on the GPA's. I'm not blazing fast but I pretty well and I've mulled around the idea of the NTEC's (too $), the Bridgestone S20's, and the Pirelli SBK slick. Your times are close to mine, any feedback on what worked best for you? I'm on an 08/09 750 btw.

6. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

Try different ones until you find something you like. The UK 211s were hands down the best tire I've ever ridden! They lasted forever so the cost was offset by that. Now.... I'm in the same boat your in being I'm not sure what way I'm going to go. Because I race in 600cc SS I will be on DOTs. If you good with slicks only try the UK Dunlops! 3-4 rear tires to one front riding at a good pace and only changing it for a peice of mind! Lol. I'm going to give the GPAs a go for the next round and see if I drop back or feel like I'm on lessor footing then the guys I normally battle with. I've never noticed a huge difference in performance from the US tire to the UK but rather issues with longevity. We will see and ill post back once I get some more time on them. I have heard the Pirellis and Michilens where pretty good too....

7. YZROOSTINYA

I run the uk front and US rear. I have not tried the new front

I am .5 slower on the USA front over the UK

I run the UK front for 3 weekends = 15 races, 12 practice session, 3 trackdays
    I get anywhere from 1-4 races on a rear depending upon compound. then use them for practice.

8. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

Dunlop d212?

16.5" front and rears available dots? 120/180-190?

9. YZROOSTINYA

I don think anybody even makes them anymore. could be wrong.

10. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

dunlop doesnt have anymore 211 UK front..... Only the new 212s.

11. sweetr6

sweetr6 Firefighter Extrordinare

Anybody have a chance to get a good set up and race the 212s yet and what did you think?

12. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Teammate's ridden front and rear 212. He hated the front, but was okay with the rear. I used a 212 rear this past race weekend with a front 211. It didn't feel right and I didn't like it, I was a full second off my usual pace.