1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft question

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

If you work at a decent sized company a lot of time they have agreements with MS that will allow you have a 2nd copy of office on your home PC for $9.99.

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

+1 on open office for home use.

3. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Open Office on all my Home computers as well.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

this is the only way I do it. Otherwise..they crazy..but I wouldn't pirate it either...would just rather continue using a old copy or open office.

5. caferace

caferace No.

I'm guessing I'm one of maybe five people here on the beeb that got that. :D

-jim

6. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

Meh, screw the elitists! I get massive amounts of mileage out of nano! :wow:

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Here's the info.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/home-premium/?WT.intid1=ODC_ENUS_FX101785584_XT104052692

$10 a month or
    $99 a year

Or you can buy professional for $399
    Or home and student for $139

While I agree with what you said (cause math don't lie) the idea is for that person who uses it alot and needs the latest at all times. For the occasional home user you can buy it. Also you can turn your subscription on and off if you don't need it very often.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I really like Office2013...what's a joke about it?

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like Office. I don't particularly like that Outlook was taken out of the package. Even though I use office products all day, every day, I don't need the bells and whistles from constant upgrades.

10. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Double check your programs list. Sales stay likes to say no office, but you could have office starter installed already. It has all the stuff that I use in office for free.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't lease cars...I'm not leasing software...sorry Mickeysoft.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You have always been leasing software. Read the license agreement

13. caferace

caferace No.

Most of us just laugh at the Licensing Agreement.

-jim

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I know. :p

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah...yeah...EULA bullshit. I was more specifically speaking of the monthly/yearly payment for access to the package.

There is enough shit in life that comes with a payment plan. Software shouldn't be one of those things. I'm not a fan of the direction things are heading.

16. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

Yeah, I agree the SaaS thing is getting out of hand. Next thing they're gonna do is charge a flat rate each time you want to print on your own printer. :Puke:

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

18. earacing

earacing Race Dad

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'm not trying to argue one way or the other. But I will say I see a good reason for the subscription...if you are a small business or a very large business it makes sense.

20. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Not for me. We are a medium-sized business and I do everything I can to avoid additional recurring expenses.