1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'all got it pretty good here...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hooper, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

you want to get together for dinner tonight? You already got the best BBQ here at Southern Soul.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too. It's really ridiculous.

Some have been getting away from it and I'm seeing more interesting offerings from the small breweries.

3. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

Same here. I love MB's but hate the strong hoppy IPA's that seem to be the norm lately.

I home brewed an APA and that was less hoppy, glad to see I'm not the only one who is getting bored with the IPA heavy hops stuff. Try an APA.

I was just in Saint Simons Island a couple weeks ago, ate at Gnats or some place with picnic tables. Nice little town. Didn't know we had a WERA local there. :beer:

4. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

yep. right here.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I like Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA. The 90 is too much. My preferences beer wise are Stouts, Porters, and Brown Ales. Meal in a glass!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

My tastes run that way too - and Yuengling isn't in that class for sure. It is however a good all day beer, they've actually got a Porter that is pretty good, so is the black and tan.

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hooper, if you get out driving around go N on Hwy 17 to Darien (15 miles N of Brunswick). Nicest stretch of GA coast is in McIntosh Co. Ask the locals where the Buccaneer and Pelican Point are-- a couple of restaurants way out in the boonies on the marsh. Good times, great local seafood.

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I sent you a PM Stumpy. We also had a real nice breakfast over there at some little cafe Sunday morning. Everyone here just seems so damn friendly and nice. A real culture shock for sure. :D

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

IMHO, the best beer going right now (60 minute).

I was late to the game when it comes to hoppy beers amongst all of my friends and wish I had gotten onboard sooner. I had always been a German lager fan since the days that I lived in the motherland but a good brew with a bit of hop is the shit.

Not only that, but I swear the buzz you get from a few 60's is way better than drinking twelve Warsteiners. Factor that in and the $10.95 for a six of Dogfish is actually money well spent.

If you want to just chug some beers, it's hard to beat the 12 pack of Sierra for $14.99.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Getting too drunk too quick is a problem for me with IPA's too other than the taste :D I'll drink quickly no matter what, have to tailor the drink to that given or else I'm in huge trouble...

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:stupid:

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Not meaning to threadjack and turn this into a beer conversation...

By the way, my parents vacation on Little St. Simons Island every year and have for the last 23. They took us all one year and it is just incredible on that island.

Back to beer. We were getting too trashed at our regular Thursday night drink-a-thons drinking the hard IPA's so we came up with a solution. We keep a case of Sierra as our watered down beer and switch to them after about 4 higher octane IPA's. After drinking about four 7+% beers you don't really taste much of anything afterwards anyway!

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

If Bud Light is slum beer, then I love slum beer. From a bottle of course. Only complete trash would drink it from a can. :D

14. caferace

caferace No.

There is a reason I drink Fosters. :D

-jim

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah yes, Aussie for horse piss :D

16. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Hey Mongo, they just opened some "Craft Beer Market" here in downtown Woodstock. I haven't checked it out yet but will very soon. Afraid it will be expensive and Hipster annoying. Will report back...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm scared and you're prolly right.

There's a store down in Smyrna doing growlers which has had some good stuff from what I hear.

18. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm always looking for places nearby with different beers.

19. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Yeah me too hence my excitement, it's where the Brenda's House of Flowers used to be if you know where that is.

20. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, that was the post office before the one on 92 opened up.