1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lever guards... where to buy?

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Jul 15, 2013.

1. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Yes to warmers, no to race fuel... I'm running a $2800. R6 with 12k miles, so race gas is laughable for me.

I see your point... I get it. just wanted to point out some irony in the price of the items on the bar.

2. I have Geoff's on my R6 and like it a lot. I ride with an overly exaggerated screwdriver-type grip and didnt want something on the end of the bar that might bother me.

I have seen the Apex one on several bikes and it looks very good also.

Of course, you know anything from Woodcraft is going to be good.

So basically, just get whichever one you like the best. :)

3. dickie doo

That's always the problem with being an innovator. You're always faced with an uphill battle when you're the first person to build anything.

Happen to have some spares laying around you want to offload?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know anyone who told him that although we've seen posts on here from people who think they're a hindrance, they however aren't really the industry.

Ed's issues were the same as with the school - promotion and marketing. Yes, I know it's a catch 22 for him.

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yep, and trust me, we are STILL telling him that.

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i only have the one, that is mounted to my bike. This is the 3rd bike its been on, which should tell you, it crashes VERY well. :D

7. dickie doo

Stop selling me crap I can't buy. :Poke: :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been trying since 91 when I was living with him and Code had the only other school out there :crackup:

9. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

just commenting on the crash worthiness of the gptech model: replacement bar is $29 (although I have seen about 90% of people bend back into shape without buying a new one), the nylon knob on the end takes the most damage at $8, the perch and cap should not be damaged during a "normal" crash

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I bought one of bargys back in like 07 and was told it was flat out stupid and dangerous and unneccesary etc, on here and another forum.

Amazing how times change.

I now have it in a box and gptech on the bike

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Someone want the bargy one I have? It is scuffed a bit but functionally perfect. Send me address and I'll toss it on a flat rate box when I get back home this weekend. It is a good product just doesn't work with my riding style.

12. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

14. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

The Dion Device brake guard is really nice and well thought out... and the price reflects it.

15. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Here we go again :rolleyes:

:stupid:

Quick summary:

JGP last year right in front of me, two riders bump going into T1. Brake lever on bike on the left gets hit and slams rider to the ground. He's out the rest of the season with broken collar bone.

TGPR Endurance this year, I get grazed by a rider on my right while we're both going into the front straight. I thought we just kept bumping off each other, didn't know my brake lever was getting caught on his leathers and got ripped off.

RA Endurance this year, one of my riders got hit and bike went down breaking the clutch lever clean off.

------
    Doesn't matter if it's someone passing you, you bumping into someone or your bike going down on the left or right side... good possibility one of the damaged parts is going to be a bent or broken brake/clutch lever. If you're using aftermarket adjustables they'll probably break easier that stock.

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

both the apex and the woodcraft units will need new clip on tubes from their respective mfg.

the apex tubes are counter-bored specific to except their guard retainer.

the woodcraft unit goes on the end of the bar so, in most cases there isnt enough room... without buying their extended clip on tube.

food for thought.

all of them are worth their weight in gold, when the unthinkable happens.

pay them now, or pay them later. if you choose the latter, you may pay with a pound of flesh too. Ski

17. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Woodcraft: Most people I know have enough room sticking inside the clip-on to be able to extend them out enough to fit the device.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought this thread would be about where to buy Jeff Lever repellent, a topic that doesn't come up as often these days as he hasn't been seen in a paddock in recent years.

19. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

:bow: Beat me to it. I was wondering, why are these guys suddenly so scared of Lever?

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

At onr point I had to move the kill switch to the left side, let alone have room to add a woodcraft lever guard. :crackup. Not sure how anyone could. I have motion pro revolver,motion pro switch, mc against forks and 1/4" of tube inside the vortex clipons clamps.

Barely room for geoffs .