HPPT, is this one of those "coincidences" you were talking about?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Dung Beetle, Jul 10, 2013.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

EXACTLY. Colin was robbed. But such is life. He came back the next week and put it on the box. He is still the original "Hard Mutha Fucka"

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. The original "Hard Mutha Fucka" is Dick Mann. Not just for the cast incident in 'On Any Sunday', but for a number of other cringworthy things he ignored to go racing. There's a story about a hole torn in his crotch, not his leathers, HIS crotch :eek: and he still raced!

3. backcountryme

Ok, I will agree with that then.

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

And no mention of Haga, WSBK at Miller in 2008? Broke it on Saturday in Qualifying, got 10th in Superpole, crashed in the first race IN THE SAME CORNER, then came back in the second race to get 6th.

Yeah, a plate. How cute. Does the plate come with My Little Pony stickers?

5. What exactly does this mean? The crotch is an entire region. LOL. Did he tear a hole in his dick? Scrotum? Maybe I shouldn't be asking a question that I might not want to know the answer to.:wow::D

6. backcountryme

Just leave it at crotch please. For the love of god leave it.

7. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

What's the point of saying "June, 2011"...Wouldn't a date like "June 22, 2011" then "June 23, 2011" be more helpful? It's like he's illiterate.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:crackup:

9. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

Didn't Mann race one with his collar bone sticking out?
    "Just put some tape on it" :eek:

10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

You guys forget about Doohan and McCoy? Jeesh!

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Doohan's still the hardest cat to walk the earth - not that I'm hoping for anyone to outdo him.

12. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

:stupid:

ride the shit out of it , right to the ground = :rock:

13. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I don't know if it's true, but I heard years ago that Wayne Gardner on the evil honda 500 highsided, but landed back on the bike. Supposedly crushed a testicle on the gas tank, then continued on and finished the race.

After the event, he went to the doctor to get looked at and the guy wanted to remove the damaged nut. Gardner supposedly kicked his ass just for suggesting it.

Good story, true or not. Also that still doesn't even come close to Doohan.

14. stk0308

You asked
    Source material, a lengthy but interesting interview with the Mann
    http://www.wsmchof.com/dick-mann.html

15. stk0308

The return races were tough to watch. Especially after the full story came out. Full marks to him though.

16. backcountryme

17. Yea, that sounded painful.

In 2005, I broke a vertebrate in my lower back mountain biking. I hit a rock drop, landed nose heavy, went over the bars, and super fly snookad a 2" in diameter tree. Knocked the tree down. I didn't think I broke anything, and just though I had a sore back, and the wind knocked out of me. I raced at VIR six days later, and I was in a lot of pain at the start of the weekend, but amazingly enough, by the end of the weekend I had no more pain.

I only found out about the break a year later, when I got seriously injured, and a roughly one year old healed break in my vertebrate showed up on the xray, either above or below the freshly broken one. When I got out of ICU and the doctor told me about it, I was like "oh yea, I think I know when that happened." Dumb, I know.:D

I doubt I would have been able to deal with the ripped asshole thing though!:wow:

18. Dean Adams writes,"Lorenzo--ironically--flies to a hospital in Catalunya..."

Why is this ironic? Methinks Adams has absolutely no idea what irony actually is.

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Jun/130613civil.htm

Pedrosa is from Catalunya, Lorenzo is from Mallorca. Intense rivalry due to geographical location. The irony is because Lorenzo went to Catalunya instead of Mallorca to get fixed up. Or are you being ironic? Or maybe sarcastic (which is, ironically, a subset of irony)?