1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Wire Hoax

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Jun 27, 2013.

1. streetrocket22

streetrocket22 Well-Known Member

unless that camera in the center of his is chest is just magically hanging there, I would reason that those straps under his shirt are the harness for mounting the camera. IMHO.

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Is it going on now, or something? I wanna know whether he splatted or made it.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only way that guy can deploy a parachute from under that tight shirt after falling off the wire and getting rid of the shoulder strap is he bounces high enough off the ground after he hits the first time.

4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

The "belly" could be a pad under his shirt to help the bar slide back and forth more comfortably/consistently.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He takes his shirt off to deploy the chute on the way down:D

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It was live sunday nite. Where you been man, do you live under a rock ? :D

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

don't really watch much tv, lol

8. Team G

Team G Wake me when its over

I wanted to see him fall just to piss off the theists with all that Jesus speak he was doing. Think they would have aired footage of the 'Fall Cam' strapped to him on the way down? Of course they would have cut to commercial just before impact and ran another hour of flashback footage before breaking back to the chute opening or not...

9. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

I know the feeling well but this guy? pffft.

LOL "everything else" can you imagine that is 100% correct?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The program wasn't really live. They were running slightly delayed in case something happened.

11. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Grabbing the rope didn't work for his grandfather. There's a video of his fall on the you tubes. :eek:

I remember it happening when I was a little kid.

12. James Bayles

James Bayles Well-Known Member

Carl (bitchcakes) is just a wannabe cable/rail/rope walker himself, I think he wants someone to dare him to try it.

13. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Carl, I dare you!

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Unless they claimed "no parachute" then how exactly is it a "scam"?

+1000 on the whole "it's a stupid tv stunt- who gives a shit"

15. Even if the gut is something more than just fat, there's absolutely no way that chunk of whatever is big enough to be a parachute that would keep his lard-ass from splatting if he falls.

But it sure does look like beer gut to me:

[​IMG]

16. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Do you think the cable is still up? I would like to try it.

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

As a guy who works regularly at 150-300 ft heights and walks steel beams often for a living.... any of you who thinks walking that rope is easy are delusional.

Walking a 6" beam 150ft up is not easy. Let alone a 2" bouncing swaying wire rope.

The straps are the camera harness. Simple as that.

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Oh and the canyon is part of the same canyon. It just is not called the grand canyon on Navajo land. The feds call it grand canyon and don't let people try to get dead.

Compare it to crossing a street that changes names.... you still crossed the same damn road.

19. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

Dang he looks like Glenn Beck..

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

About dam time you showed up, figured Carl had committed some unspeakable deviltry upon you.