1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parents

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 11, 2013.

1. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

You may have better luck putting it in 1's and 0's...

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Apparently for me as a teenager...prayer seemed to fulfill my wishes of my then mother to die violently. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. [/sarcasm]. Though my brother got the worst of it since the money he got evaporated like he was a rock star. She wanted codependent kids so she can complain about it. Ironically all my cousins said she was a different person before Icame along. The best part was not attending her furneral...all here petty friends had some choice gossip about that. Rot where ever you are bitch.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Is it ok that I love my parents and visit them a lot? I can only hope to provide and be there for my kids like my mom and dad were for me and my brother.

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Now tell us how you really feel? Lol

That's a lot of hate to be carrying around for a dead person. Maybe time to put down that iron ball?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Holding a grudge does require a lot of effort and doesn't seem to have much impact on the other person.

7. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Damn, I knew I didn't have a great childhood! Time to sever all ties to show them a lesson.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can't imagine hating my parents. Mine divorced when I was 4 or 5 (I don't remember but I wasn't in school yet).

My mother spent the next 8 years doing the best she could as a single mom. There isn't a nicer, more loving person in the world. I could complain that she's too loving but I think to highly of her to say anything negative. When I was 13 she married my stepfather who is a great guy, was the perfect stepfather (not trying to be my dad, just supporting my mom). They're still together, doing great, and couldn't be happier.

My dad is an alright guy, just not much of a father. He remarried, to a psycho, and had another kid. The crap my brother and I had to put up with due to that woman and her stupid kid drove a huge wedge between our dad and us. They eventually divorced and he's been with a string of women since then. He's been married five or six times. I love him because he's my dad but he wasn't we probably wouldn't cordial. He's pretty self-centered, to the point that he doesn't even take the time to remember birthdays, special events, or other important things. Sometimes I think he's got something wrong with him (memory and focus issues) but he's got an extremely important job and does really well with it so I'm more inclined to think that he just doesn't care enough to remember. What's odd is that he's been very devoted to our half brother, supported him (even though he's a lazy pothead so maybe it's better to say he's enabled him), and been really good to our half brother's kids.

My wife's parents are a totally different story. I could write a book about how fucked up that family is. My wife and I struggle almost daily with the baggage she has from being unfortunate enough to be related to those assholes. What sucks is that she wants a loving family so much that she won't cut ties with them. She just keeps coming back for more, no matter how many times they do her wrong.

9. cleanEG

cleanEG Well-Known Member

I'm actually a little envious of people that have a good relationship with their parents. With my parents, keeping it superficial doesnt work 95% of the time.

In the end, I've learned you can't change the people around you but you can change the people you choose to be around....

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Someone's father is a total shitbag-wife beating-asshole and it isn't ok for them to be unmoved by his passing? Just because he donated some DNA? Who the fuck are you?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

He's the ultimate forum troll. I can't think of any contributions he's made. Let's face it, people come here to laugh at shit and get some good advice/info. If he's provided any of that I missed it.

14. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

No I don't just sit there and do nothing but I also don't jump to conclusions like you do and immediately judge them. I try to understand their POV first but I'll be the first to admit that in your case I'm just following your lead and have come to the conclusion that your a judgmentalmyshitdoesntstink asshole. :Poke::moon:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Same here.

My folks were good people and good parents, we had a good childhood and once I was grown I got along with them fine. I miss them both. A lot.

17. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Not my case but this is pretty much how MS is , if you don't live in a pre planned neighborhood wearing khakis and riding from house to house on your golf cart drinking shit beer you don't fit in.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Lol...dropped it a long time ago before she got dropped in a hole. Only as a parent did I come to realize how fucked up she was and it wasn't teen angst. :D

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

When my mother interacts with my daughter I always turn to my sister and say "Where was this women when we were young?"

Of course, I am exactly like her, much to my dismay. I hope to grow out of it soon, but until then I try very hard to be supportive and encouraging of my daughter.

My dad is a goofball. I wish I could be as goofy as him and get away with it like he does.

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That is damn profound, Acree. I mean it... I've truly never thought of it that way. I've been known to hold a grudge or two, but I will remember this the next time I do..