1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011-2012 GSXR Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by kevinnolde, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, now I have to ask again, why? :D

2. kevinnolde

kevinnolde kandjracingsolutions.com

Thanks Huey, I'll put the switch back on. The EMS pro is the way to go...if you have $3k lying around. I think I'll live with what I don't understand (why they force undemanded change upon us) and see you guys soon. Any other 2012 GSXR 600 advice?

3. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Get an R6 :)

4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Why? I like MX clutch perches. :)

5. kevinnolde

kevinnolde kandjracingsolutions.com

I sometimes like to change things like that up as well. It just makes my life more expensive for no apparent reason. I'd rather buy tires, entries etc. with my discretionary income.

6. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

bumping an old thread, lol. I did a search on "woolich" and this is the one and ONLY post to come up on the board.

I ordered one of their "do it yourself" flash kits, should have it in about 10 days on the FAST boat from OZ. I have their software and .bin files for my bike, and have already modified all the files. Once the tuning cable shows up, hopefully it will be a simple matter to write to the ECU and bye-bye to the 2 Dynojet piggybacks. :wow:

7. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

It runs faster that way.

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

That's the way mine is. But sometimes I forget to turn it off. OOps.

9. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Put the fan back on so you don't waste the motor from overheating when you come into the pits.

Put the clutch switch back on, the ECU is programed to cut redline by 1500rpm when the clutch switch is pulled in.

Suzuki's are great bikes and the amount of weight you save taking off these switches is less than a pound, but amplifies your problems exponentially.

The best way to make a Suzuki go fast on the track is to bolt on a shock (JRi), forks (GP Suspension), purchase an Ohlins S/D with the resister, put some vortex clip-ons/sprockets/rear sets, bolt in the PCV with A/T I/M, and Q/S , put on a M4 pipe, DP Brakes, Silkolene Oil, Barnett Clutch, Pirelli tires, and then go win races and set track records.

The more that most guys do to "track prep" a Suzuki tends to make them slower and less reliable.

10. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

Got the Woolich kit, flashed my own ECU myself. Works perfect. Bye Bye Dynojet piggybacks, lol!

Attached Files:

11. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

if I tell you, you might beat me in the race. :Pop: :)

j/k
    yes,
    get suspension done right. its probably the most important mod to a motorcycle period.