1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COTA Moto GP 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by povol, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Well, my disappointment in Rossi finishing 6th was tempered by my enthusiasm for Marquez finishing first.:D Unfortunately, it will take rain, or a few DNF's for the third of the three riders I root for to finish on the podium any time soon.

2. :D

You never responded when I asked you

I know I almost pulled off the trifecta, and would have pulled it off if I listened to my brain instead of my heart for my third place pick, but you would have had to offer me serious odds to get me to bet on my top three prediction. Trifectas pay big money!:D

3. BTW, Rossi will be back on the podium at the next round. No need to panic.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, for some reason the age I had stuck in my mind for Mladin was 19. I was just guessing about Rossi.

5. Ill be very clear today.

Watching Marquez before was cool but I wasn't his fan. Not for any reason. Just didn't make the connection.

Now I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Marquez was my boy after Qatar. Just wow. I need a reason, sometimes, to be interested in motogp races sometimes. Now that there is no chance to watch #myboyBen battle up front I will chanting Marquez!

Oh. And Rossi sucks. Didn't he retire already ? :moon:

6. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

If you are now a fan, please find a video of Assen qualifying last year. On his fast lap, Marc out braked 2 or 3 bikes going into the tight rt-lt-rt combo right before the finish line. It was awesome! I watched most all of the sessions last year for Moto2, and Marc is no suprise to me. I believe Pol has the goods too, so I'm hoping he gets a good ride next year.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Has anyone seen sptbk57 this weekend? His elegant poetry is sorely missing from this thread. :D

8. cleanEG

cleanEG Well-Known Member

^ this..... I'm hoping Redding gets a ride next year too....

9. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I don't recall the exact race, but when Marquez totally f-ed the start and made it back up to 7th I think before the end of the first lap...that onboard is just insane. Looked like an expert racer on track with beginner TD riders.

10. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Post #210.

So far MBmotorsports is the only Uccio to stand by his conviction/prediction. :rock:

11. I saw that post. You never posted the conditions of the bet.

Maybe you wanted me to bet you my $100 to your $100 on the condition that I only win if I get all the podium places right, and you win if any other top three order happens. That would have been an idiotic bet on my part, and one that I would never do. You would have either had to give me tremendous odds, like 15 or 20 to 1, or you would have had to pick your own top three.

12. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Or go back a few years ago when he was still on a 125. I forget the race but he crashed on the warm up lap, got back to the pits to replace his fairing. I think he started from pit lane and still won the race.

13. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Portugal 2010...

14. povol

povol Well-Known Member

There was a race last year where he started last because of a penalty, and by the end of the first lap, was in the top 10 or something like that. Won the race.

15. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Close, but not quite. He turned 21 during his first season in GP, but was to old by a couple of months to have have ever broke the record, even if he had won his first race. That one required a little ciphering.

16. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Boys, you just witnessed a changing of the guard. Get used to seeing Mr. Smiley face.

17. povol

povol Well-Known Member

I think its coming, but the torch has not been passed as of yet, i dont think. lol. If he were to come out and win at Jerez, Katy bar the door.

18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Let me know if my math is off please.
    Thanks to those who had fun with this!

[​IMG]

19. povol

povol Well-Known Member

It was the last race of last year. He was penalized for an infraction in practice and had to start dead last. By the end of lap 1, he was 11th, but over the next 10 laps, he fell 11.4 seconds down to the leader. Once he cleared the 3rd place rider and had clear track, he started making up 1-1.5 seconds per lap and won the race.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:clap::up:

Your boss should fire you for paying with company money, though. :D