1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Woodlands, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

No, not that bad. LOL

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

ya, that 45 traffic sucks balls...one way in, one way out!

and it is awesome :D

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yes it was the slogan to the anti-littering campaign in the early 80's. Course...I like it cause it has other uses. :Poke:

4. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Hardy Toll Road?

Stable real estate market.

5. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Texas > Midwest from someone who got moved from Texas to Indiana

6. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Hey now, Sullivan isn't the greatest garbage dump to compare to.

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

thats just as bad!

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

lol fair enough :D

9. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

tejas

+1.....fo sho!:beer:

10. PAKETA_1

PAKETA_1 Well-Known Member

ExxonMobil is moving their headquarters there and construction is underway (moving both Fairfax and Katy Hwy people). Houses are sold without being listed for sale - agents are going door to door asking to buy people's homes. Someone is building two more office towers...there must be 20 cranes there...

After EM moves there other companies will follow...make sure you are ok with that.

11. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Everyone summed it up pretty good - the living is easy down here and summers are opppressively hot and humid. There are several roadrace tracks within a short drive, good motocross tracks as well if you do the dirt stuff - Rio Bravo which is very rich in history is a short hop away and they have the pool going so it is the spot from about now until Thanksgiving or so...National Forest is awesome if you are a trail rider but because of the drought the last couple of years a lot of it is closed. There are some good Mountain bike trails just west of downtown, south of town and on the northwest side as well. Road bikes freakin' everywhere. Good fishing in Galveston / Freeport as well. Pretty nice folks for the most part - come on down!

12. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm heading there in a little over a week to interview. I'll probably have an extra day or so total to look around. Thanks everyone!

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Is that the old Rio Bravo motocross park?

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One of my daughters lived in Spring, then moved to The Woodlands, then to their present home in Cut & Shoot. (10 miles East of Conroe) They love it there. It's a bit humid during the summer for me but otherwise it's pretty nice.

Just remember, if you're on I45 in the morning going into Houston and there's a wild woman in a Nissan Murano on your ass honking her horn and waving for you to get out of her way, it'll be my daughter. She's a frigging type AA personality and she's upper management in her company so she expects everyone to jump when she's around. It makes my day when I can knock her down a few notches every so often. The last time I zinged her with a comment, "wtf, if you think that you're winning Daytona you'd be about 1000 miles too far West." She smiled and actually slowed down. My work was done. :up::)

15. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

No, that is kind of the old Conroe Motocross Park but it's on the other side of the San Jacinto River these days.

Rio Bravo is on the NE side of town - east of Highway 59

16. zuki750

zuki750 Well-Known Member

Great State Of Texsas :beer: GSOT It was a typo from my end:D

17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Flying in today. Wish I knew of a place to watch the GP.