1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP with 1 piece suit

Discussion in 'General' started by anthony22, Mar 17, 2013.

1. anthony22

anthony22 New Member

I have a 1 piece cortech. It is too long in the legs. Does anyone know

Of a leather tailor in North Jersey that I can go too or have any advice

What I should do. Thanks for the help.

2. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

Get taller.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope

Box it up, send it to Barnacle Bill and give him your measurements to adjust it.

4. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

sure we can

send barnacle bill a plane ticket and I'll bring my portable sewing machine up and alter them in your liviing room for free. of course I'll need a place to stay for a few weeks while I take in the sites and I'll take meals with you. can the misses cook? I can ride your bike for a couple of runs through the mountains too or at least the scrub pines.
    then again I guess you can send it in . we alter those all the time. it's 80.00 and return shipping . put them on . raise the knee where the armor fits and pinch up the excess material above the leather expander and mark both sides of the pinched leather to show how much comes out. take note when it's raised that th ecuff is correct. it usually is . then send it in. for a quicker turnaround include payment and a pre-paid UPS return label or jsut throw another 20 in there and I;'ll ship it. pull off your pucks and remove what armor you can to save weight and for sure use an approprate size box. some guys are paying for oversize on their shipments becasue they are usiing dang refrigerator size boxes for just one suit. anyway there you go. happy st. patricks day to all. bill and darethea

5. run1racing

run1racing Well-Known Member

Todd McNabney at Heroic Racing Apparel. 718-701-5904

6. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

The OP better jump on this quick.

7. barnacle bill

lettering

go look at our ad in services

8. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

+1 Yep!!

9. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Where is this 'services' section?

10. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Barnacle Bill all the way!!

I have also dealt with Todd from Heroic this past season, and have no complaints! Good thing is he lives by my parents in Queens, NY...

No matter what-u will be in good hands with both of them!

11. barnacle bill

services section in WERA classifieds

geez, I been paying for this ad for like 2 years and you guys don't know where it is? all my contacts are in my signature too. go check it out. thanks, bill

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill all the way!

13. barnacle bill

Ahab

hello Mr. Ahab. I saw you on a news channel cutting a net off a whale last fall. sir that takes sand to do that. wish I could go help out but the distance is great and my time is getting smaller each day. on school time too raising a grandchild ( he's 8 now) . I'm teaching him to sail and we're riding wheelers in thewoods but he's got to learn that trees won't move for ya. b bill and darethea

14. barnacle bill

heroic

yeah that todd's Ok . always pays his bills on time with us when we work for him . and those light weight suits are easy to work on too . not much we can do with the painted on designs though and I've had a hard time explaing to some you can't move a painted on patch. I've got a couple of them in the shop now . mostly zippers and such. I love a good repair job on an imported suit with my morning coffee . the best to all bill and darethea

15. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

+1 for Bill

Fixed mine twice, very happy both times

16. barnacle bill

multiple times

we have fixed the same suit for some guys multiple time. like 10 cleanings and repairs for mr. brooks suit over 10 yrs.and those red dragon dainese suits of russel masacars rotated out in here so much they had a reserved place on the racks. the last of the suits with the 40.00 cleaning have been done . old price went back into effect yesterday ( the 20th) . anybody know when spring is coming? it was like 18 degrees here this morning. last year it was in the 80's? bill and darethea

17. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Give Alexa a call at Spyder Leather Works. Excellent work and customer service.

18. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill all the way. He repaired and cleaned my kushitani suit, and turned it around lightning fast in a pinch. I'd use him based solely on how good the suit smelled when I got it back. I wanted to sleep with it, and it was rank when he got it.