1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody in Indy? Someone is trying to scam with my ebay listing

Discussion in 'General' started by Jed, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

This asshole -- http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/3618960754.html

Has my bike listed for sale on CL in Indy. It's really for sale on eBay and this scum bag needs to EAD and DIAF. Please feel free to blast him, and if anyone in Indy wants to fuck with him schedule a test ride.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Love how they ripped off your text but left out the bad parts. What makes you think it's actually a person in INDY? How exactly would we "fuck with him schedule a test ride" seeing as how you have the bike? The only thing that would make it appear like a real Clist ad would be "no scammers" at the end. This last part is how they plan to pull this off: "Bike will be packed and shipped from a bike shop. I pay the shop for the box and package, you pay for shipping." Bet you'll find the same ad in plenty of other cities on CL.

Good luck with the sale...whichever one is yours

3. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

I'm in Indy but CL ad was flagged. I can't help.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Good point on the CL location. This shit just pisses me off. And yes, I am taking the bike to my shop to have them pack and ship it via UPS. They're saving the box from my 2013 Venge for that very reason. In fact, the shop is packing all the old team Madones we sell and shipping them for us as a courtesy to their sponsored riders.

Trek last year. Specialized this year.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beck-Cycling/108110445937209?fref=ts

5. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

lol I emailed the guy earlier saying I seen the ebay ad for 1700 starting bid and his craiglist ad was 700... thought it was a typo

6. misterwaterfall

misterwaterfall squid status commence

Let me know if you have an extra Venge to sell at the end of the season. I want one(56) but don't want to buy one brand new

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I wonder how much less scammers there would be if CL wouldnt allow free email addies to post?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who actually pays for an email addy these days?