Any TDI fans/owners here?!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Send Dits up to Carver, Mass. Let's see how he fares against the girls! :D

Linky

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

you def tempt me with posts such as this....god i wish the damn diesel car didnt come with the VW badge...why cant other manufacturers bring Diesels already? Nissan, Mitsu, Ford all promised economical diesels for 2013....i aint seeing jack!

3. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Frank,

I have a new 2013 TDI Jetta, and I love it. Decent power, amazing fuel mileage... I had access to an A6 2.0 TDI in Germany, and that car was absolutely amazing. It would do 140 mph on the Autobahn all day long, in complete comfort...

4. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Jettas are nice and all, but I went with getting a Mazda. Needed a simple car that would be easy to fix and gets decent fuel mileage.

I don't know jack about fixing a diesel, and I hate having electrical problems.

5. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

I have a 2010 sportwagen tdi black as well for sale right now. 36250 miles on it, panoramic roof, heated seats and all that jazz. Only thing it does not have is nav. Selling it for $18,500. I bought it and then got a company car so I no longer need it. Avg about 42-45 mpg city and highway can be 48-52 depending on driving habits and what not. Being manual gets a few mpg more than the dsg, especially with the 6 speed. Great cars and a blast to drive.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You sure that wasn't the 3.0 TDI? That is an insane engine. :up:

and it's coming over at the end of the year in the A6, A7, A8 and Q5. :)

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

He doesn't swing that way anymore. :D

8. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Yep.

You know what they say. German cars are great, while under warranty.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be much love for the Mazda3 here.

My brother has a 3 with 150,000+ miles on it and it has been rock solid.

He takes it out west at least 4 times a year, drives it over the Colorado passes etc and never has an issue.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, there's talk of Mazda bringing in a shit load of diesels, CX-5 and mazda3 included. No idea when or even if.

11. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

I have a '12 Passat 2.0 TDI with the DSG, so far it has been great at 16,000 miles. The best mileage is had if the engine has enough time to really warm up. If the commute is under ten miles or so, I would question the diesel as the best option. I have no complaints about the driveability, all the torque makes the car a pleasure to drive around town.

The highway is where it really shines, 45 mpg all day long.

12. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I have an '07 3 w/ 110k on it. Not a single problem, and nothing but oil changes. Oh I might have to change the belt pulleys soon, as one of them makes a little noise on cold mornings for a few minutes.
    Really great cars, especially for the price. 30-35mpg too.
    I can't comment on the TDIs personally, they look nice too, and the mileage can't be beat.

13. mtmansl

I don't think so (I thought I remembered the 2.0 badge), but it could have been. It had way more power than the Jetta.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thanks again for all the advise/opinions, hopefully I won't regret my decision as it seems like I may have rolled the dice on this one....time will tell! :D

I just got back home from picking her up!

[​IMG]

15. mtmansl

Nice!

16. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

The newer VW tdi's are generally really nice cars with low maintenance. I think you will love it. I wish I could talk my wife into a sportwagen once we have a munchkin on the way but we are leaning towards a GLI so that might be fun. Good luck with it!

Oh, and check out vwvortex.com

17. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Only a cop from Paramus would buy a pimped out VW diesel station wagon. :D

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You can blame me, Dong.

I told him I'd buy it from him in 5 years, when it was more in my price range.

And no, I don't whelch. :tut:

Diesel & Audi-ish...I'm gonna need a 12 step program. Good thing I'm Irish, so I can drive at .07 now. :D

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think you meant welch or welsh. ;) :Poke:

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You're supposed to say it with the Stewie emphasis...you know, like Cool HhhhhhhWhip. :D