1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardenas to Yosh -It's on like King Kong

Discussion in 'General' started by mike998b, Jan 22, 2013.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

All of the superbikes may be a bit more powerful since they lifted the camshaft lift restrictions.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

You know, not taking away from the guy at all - after all, he's on the grid and I'm not.

But I gotta wonder just how much cash was brought to the table for that to happen.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Less then running a team on your own I would guess.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think Clark might shock people this year. I don't think he'll win but a podium or two might happen.

5. caferace

caferace No.

Is that the Dave K jinx at work?

-jim

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, I haven't pick my rider for AMA this year. Depends on who sends me the most to NOT root for them.

7. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

all this news is good, but have anyone hear anything about a tv deal?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chris is a good enough rider to be on the grid and has the backing to do so - why does it bug people so much whether the backing is from someone related to him or if it's from some other company?

9. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but Cardenas will have a hard time beating Slick let alone Josh Hayes. And if you really want to stir up the mix - - The other Josh, Josh Herrin, has a good chance to get between Hayes and Eslick on a regular basis. And although I'm a big fan of Cardenas, his last venture on a superbike wasn't that memorable. All said, these riders are the Big Four of AMA Superbike for this year.

10. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

+1

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I think that josh, josh 1.0, Danny, MC, and Tommy H will put on a hell of a show next year. And Clark deserves to be on the grid no matter where his money comes from. He is faster then 99% of this beeb.

12. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

The bike he rode in 2010 was not competitive. A lack of advanced electronics did not help. He shouldn't have been able to do what he did, on what he was riding. Yet he won a race and finished fourth in points.

That's the simple truth.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tommy Hayden? Who's he riding for?

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Yeah, public access.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It sucks riders have to bring money to the table period, imo. Not taking anything away from him for doing so, regardless of the source.

That said, the money he brings has to be a significant factor. This is a team that fielded the likes of Mladin, Spies, etc etc. Tommy Hayden finished second and third in consecutive championships and yet still couldn't secure another year with them...

So yes, regardless of the source of cash I do honestly wonder how much he had to bring to the table to keep the ride.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Awesome! Should lead nicey into Saturday Night Polka.

17. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what brand bike Pegram will be on?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thing is tho - racers always bring money to the table. They always have. It may come in the form of sponsor money - either personal or them riding for the team bringing in team sponsors. It's all intertwined, you can't get money without a good rider, can't get a good rider or good team or good machinery without money.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yamaha with Graves support according to the BBS.

20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Right after Wayne's World.