1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Find me a helmet (and an Arai question)

Discussion in 'General' started by SLLaffoon, Dec 28, 2012.

1. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I got some money this Christmas and want to spend it on a new helmet. I've been wearing Scorpion EXO-700's since 2008, but nothing fits me better than the Arai Signet that I had many years ago. Arai people, how close is the new Signet Q to that old shell shape?

Also, do the replicas only come on the Corsair? I'd like one of the Nicky schemes, but the Corsair shape doesn't fit me as well as the Signet. What are my options here?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Kelly at TrackStar carries Arai and will do you right. He's active on the beeb and helped kanatuna and I out bigtime this year. Guarantee if you call him up he'll know the answer to your q's.

801-731-4070
    www.trackstar1.com

4. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Check Riders' Discount in this forum. I just got a great deal on a Corsair and got some very good advice from TJ.

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The EXO 700 fits me like a glove, and so does the Bell RS1, it is worth giving a try.

7. weiljh

weiljh Well-Known Member

The Arai Signet-Q is very similar to the fit of the Signet GT and Signet GTR, with all of the bonuses of the RX-Q (SAI faceshield, Dry-Cool interior, FCS Cheek Pads). You would be very pleased with it. But as always, it is best to try the two helmets on, back to back, to double check.

https://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=57#/helmets/moto/signet-q

In a few short weeks will be announcing the full 2013 graphic line-up, so if you don't see a graphic you like right now, there may be something coming that may be perfect for you.