1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who is the most approchable factory rider you've met?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I thought about posting it that way also.

:D

2. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Disalvo. Great guy! :bow:

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

was that before or after you tried to mack it with his girlfriend?

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I agree.....much easier to post up who is a douche than who is really cool

99% of pro motorcycle racers are no different than the rest of us and super cool to hang with

5. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Riders rider

Josh Hayes and Mellisa, Aaron Yates.......dang so many of them!

6. Yellowgt5

Yellowgt5 Slow back marker

I would have to say Hodgson. Met him at Barber when he rode with Parts Unlimited. He just came off track and talked for a few. Even posed for a couple of pictures.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hodgson with Ben Bostrom was an awesome stand up team. They played off one another like they had been on a comedy tour for years.

8. :stupid: :D

Jason is really cool and Kyle Wyman is a great dude also. They are both pretty damn funny too (as is Stokes, along with Mr. Eddie Kraft :D). We probably spend 90% of the time laughing about something. :D

After the 10-day Barber Mancation with Eddie (including the 4-day GNF weekend with the other guys), my abs were sore from laughing at shit.

+1 to whoever mentioned Elena Myers. I recently hung out with her (and Kyle) for 4 days, she is really damn cool and fun to be around.

They are cool people who just so happen to be kickass motorcycle riders. As previously mentioned, I would say that is probably the norm. It probably would be easier to name the ones who came across as doucherockets. I haven't ran across anybody like that yet.............well, the jury is still out on that Dwyer guy. :D

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That was a great friggin' time, no question.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

During the 2010 Indy MotoGP race when Peter Lenz died, Colin stopped to sign autographs shortly after he learned of his death. The death hadn't been publicly announced yet. I still can't believe that Colin put on a happy face and signed autographs for fans in the paddock (including my wife) after such a tragic event occurred to a young man he was mentoring. Had I known about the death we never would have asked for an autograph, just offered our condolences. He is truly a top class individual that makes time for the fans no matter what.

11. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Thanks! I have more where that came from... give me a call- I've tried ringing you a few times but can never get through.

12. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I met that G. Maloney fella, along with a group of friends I took to the 2010 Indy GP. He was super cool! He tried giving us a DiSalvo moto2 takeoff, but Dunlop told him it was not a good idea because they could track them. My buddy still has what you did give him. He wouldn't let me run it on my bike! ;) I still wish I had been able to snag a moto2 takeoff with Disalvo's autograph on it. Hmm, maybe I can convince Broome to snag an AMA tire! :D

Btw: all weekend, my buddy was calling you Jee-off! He had never seen Goeff spelled like that.

13. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Gee Off, goof, George, Greg, many, many more - Im used to it. I thought I was home free when toys-r-us got Geoffrey the giraffe.
    I remember that Moto 2 tire thing - I think I was digging in the trailer for you too. (after the gp it is like a yard sale giveaway behind the garages - nobody wants to ship leftovers home)
    Sorry about being hard to get a hold of lately - keep trying - leave voice mail at shop if u still can't get me 269-671-4915 or [email protected]

14. g maloney

I've been meaning to call u too

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Ha - I missed this dig the first time out. Boy is it funny seeing you fester and stretch the truth to meet your needs. Whoops - hope you didn't just lose another sponsor!

Now I see why you were bragging about giving that team at Millville a hard time this year about their tires.

You're a class act for sure.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I remember meeting Guy Cooper at the Broom-Tioga AMA nationals way back in 1991 he was really awesome, one of my favorite riders at the time, and he really loved the fans. Also met Jean-Michel Bayle at that race. Not quite so personable. lol

I wonder what that guy has been up these days after he tried his hand at roadracing. I think he retired in the late 90's or just after.

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Miguel Duhamel was super cool to chat with every time I met him. We bullshitted for a few minutes each time and he even laughed when I offered him to be his mandatory motorcycle chaperon when he gets his Quebec motorcycle license. He even listened to my buddy's crazy Daytona story where it was such a relief seeing him win for the 5th time after an eventful weekend where one of his buddies ended up in jail... But he gave him the weird look when my buddy asked him if he wanted to come for pizza with us :crackup:

DiSalvo retweeted me when I tweeted : "@Disalvo on pole, go #triumph" so that's an automatic "cool" in my book :D

18. B182

B182 Well-Known Member

Mike Smith - Helped keep him from burning down his trailer. Interesting guy.

Cook Neilson - Asked if it was ok if he intruded on on my breakfast to sit at the table. Very nice guy. We talked about everything except motorcycles or racing. Brought up the breakfast when I bumped into him 2 days later.

Dovizioso - Met him at Laguna Seca a few years back. Everyone was all over his midget teammate and were pretty much ignoring him. My GF was a huge fan of his and congratulated him on some recent finishes. I think she was the first real fan he rant into that weekend and seemed genuinely happy and interested to talk.

Steve Rapp - After an autograph session at local shop he went into the back to fins some place to rest. He said he was exhausted and needed some sleep. Then spent the next half hour BS'ing with the 3-4 of us back there.

19. g maloney

;) I still wish I had been able to snag a moto2 takeoff with Disalvo's autograph on it.
    Give me a call - I might have some stuff I can give away to make up for it

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Maybe I caught Rainey at the wrong time but he was a douche. Everyone else I've met that were on factory tems were pretty cool. Wifey met Aaron Yates on the plane on the way back from Vegas one year. He was surprised she knew who he was. She said he's cool as shit.