1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need computer help

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I bought my baby girl a Kindle fire for Christmas and I want to go ahead and set it up so it's ready to go Christmas morning. When I turn it on and try to get it on the internet, it asks for a password for my home network thing. I don't have a clue what that means or what the password is. Is there a way to find the password on one of our computers? If so, please talk to me in laymans terms because I am a computer dumbass. I'm not kidding. Here's how I would rank in terms of computer skills with others:

Bill Gates: 100
    Venom51: 98.3
    Random people on the beeb: 32
    A rock: 1
    Me: 0

Please help.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

yeah we know.

I sent you a pm.

3. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Bill Gates is too high..

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:stupid:

Kenny too. :D

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

2fer Pm'd me to call him. I called him and he tried to help me out by giving me a couple of tips. And we took a few minutes to bullshit and talk about y'all behind y'alls backs. Mainly him though. I'm still new here.

His tips didn't help.

FML.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn straight...I'd be lucky if I could hit 50. :D

7. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

There's no real good way to find out the password (short of being a good hacker) or finding who setup the wireless router for you with the password. If you don't know who did and can't find out, the only other option I can think of is to factory reset the router, which will remove all settings (including passwords). This is usually done by inserting a pin into a hole in the back of the router. This will mess up the existing connections you may have though and now you'll have an unsecured network with no password, which means any freak with a phone or laptop can use your network for dirty stuff and then you'll get in trouble...

Neverrmind, you can find out the PW apparently if you have a computer that is connected wirelessly. Under the network properties is a "Show Characters" check box that reveals the password. You'll have to already have it connected to the network (wireless). Wired connections usually don't have a PW.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Put up 2fer's number so I can call him on what to do when my ol lady wont put out! Maybe he can give me some tips!

9. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

who setup your home wireless network? Call them.........

or.......jump on a pc that's already on the network and go to http://192.168.1.1 (usually the default gateway IP/ network for most home routers)

Depending on the router type you can try some of the default such as admin/blank or admin/admin and try to get in and see what the password is.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you asked your son? Someone must have set up the network, if you didn't, it was probably him.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. Venom51

Let me give you some hints.

Your birthday.
    wife's birthday.
    Either of the kids bitrthday
    Kids names
    Dogs name
    Cats name
    Birds name or any other extraneous pet name.
    Anniversary date.
    admin
    password

13. Venom51

If none of those work then do this...

Go to the start menu...click run and type cmd.

Now type ps -ef | grep ID10T and hit return until the password is displayed.

14. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

ID10T <- Nice

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Thanks. I tried and I couldn't get it to work. I don't know where I went wrong. I hate computer shit.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So, Venom was effing with me? Oh, it's on now.

17. Venom51

I would never do anything like that. :D

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dick. What's 2fers number again?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

183 but it's been a while since he's raced.

20. caferace

caferace No.