1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armor Bodies Pro Bodywork 2nd gen SV650 hand control fitment issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Z-man, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

I just picked up a set of Armor Bodies Pro Bodywork for my SV650. I have a brembo master on the bike. There is no way my clip-ons and master cylinder are going to clear the bodywork, not even close.

Before I pull out the dremel and start cutting. Is there anyone who has had this issue before? I kinda bought the Armor Bodies so I wouldn't have to worry about cutting vs gsxr 1000 bodywork. Any tips?

Thanks
    Z

2. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Do you mean it wont clear the upper fairing when you turn the bars all the way to the right because the master scrapes the bodywork?

3. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

What faring stay are you using ?

4. Z-man

No Wes my handlebars are straight and master and clip-on bar are hitting. I'm using a Vortex fairing stay.

Here is a photo, the brake lever is rubbing in the photo
    [​IMG]

5. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Longer hose on the master to the reservoir move the reservoir in board more to the center of the bike. Use tygon hose from curvy girl. Make your own bracket.

6. hrc_nick_11

Opps my post will not help with that, seems like the body work should be more forward and up.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The bodywork is molded off of the OEM stuff. The OEM bars are "hi-rise" compared to race clip ons. Try adjusting the bodywork lower and/or get the dremel out. I lowered the bodywork on my SV and it cleared. I cut 2 pieces of aluminum stock 1.5", drilled holes in both ends and bolted it on to the side fairing mounts.

8. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Get the dremel out and start cutting.

Common issue

9. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Same deal as 07+ cbr600RR's the oem clip-ons are 1" rise and the oem bodywork is made to work with that. You either have to run a 1" riser (like stock) or cut the bodywork. Not an armor body issue as they mold from oem.

10. Z-man

i'm using Vortex clip-ons that are at a 7 degree angle, would Woodcraft or another brand without the angle not have this issue?

11. hrc_nick_11

12. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

I ran Woodcrafts on mine and we had to cut the bodywork.

13. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

14. hrc_nick_11

I'm told they work nice also, from the people that have ridden the 675s back to back with the clip ons being the only difference. I have heard them all rave about them.

15. Not sure if my information will be pertinent or not. So...

With my stock sv650, second gen, race bodywork I had the same issue. When I lowered the bodywork for clearance I ended up with the bodywork rubbing the ground. Just an FYI to keep in mind not to forget all aspects of bodywork movement. I also trimmed the front a little so it wouldn't hit when I turned the bars all the way. Was afraid to cut a finger off.

16. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I had to trim quite a bit for the SV1000 too, although I am running 848 bodywork instead of the SV bodywork.

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Damn your brake lever is like pointing straight down.

18. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

:stupid: How the hell do you reach the lever with it that low?

19. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Yes had AB on 2nd gen and had to cut the upper up quite a bit to get it to clear the lever. The only way it would work is if the lever is horizontal, which is not where it needs to be.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Just buy woodcraft clipons with 1" rise, that is what we use with Armour.