EX250/250R Racing Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Trust me, I don't!!!
    :crackup:

2. Doug113

Doug113 Well-Known Member

OK quick question on Clipons and rear sets.
    Clipons-
    Do you guys recomend the woodcraft ninja 250 specific clipons ( the 37mm with the 2.5" rise) or will any 37MM clipon work. There are some generic 37mm flat clipons for $40 bucks on ebay. $170 seems pretty steap for clipons, but then again I'm cheap.

Rearsets.
    Same deal on the rearsets. The woodcraft are $340 for a set. And Xrace(ebay) has a set for $150. Anyone know anything about these they seem to be fully adjustable.

Thanks Doug

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Clipons if you aren't running EX250 bodywork will work. If you are. You need the Woodcrafts.

Rearsets..... You want the Woodcrafts also. Because trying to find a Xrace ebay peg in the pits is gonna be a bitch to find.

4. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

The dunlop unbeatables work pretty well... :up:

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Parrish put a set on the old gen of mine he keeps playing with, he likes them and they seem to do ok.

The stones have done right by me, I'll keep using them. :beer:

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This^^ More importantly. Stick has done right by me over the years also. And the Stones are awesome. But like I said. Stickboy is second to none.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Stick took my lunch money and all my savings and blew it on bikes and racing.

I love that dood.

8. sowega

sowega #710

The Stones are good. Stick blows.

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.!!!!!!!! I'm trying to butter him up so he will leave me some boards in his will!

10. Awodzenski

Awodzenski Active Member

Is there any one here that knows about a zx2r? I am trying to find a repair manual in English and parts for it.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Never.
    Even.
    Heard.
    Of it.

Good luck!

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Search the web for the a zx250 forum. Check AU

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Stick's kind of a homo, but I still buy his tires.

14. Awodzenski

Awodzenski Active Member

Thanks and I have, the dealerships that would get back with me were a rip off. They wanted $100 per item to ship them.

15. caferace

caferace No.

The ZXR250R is plentiful in Japan and Australia. If you look on their version of eBay you should find plenty of used parts.

Tyga is also known to be pretty reliable: http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?products_id=1528

-jim

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Is Dunlop paying contingency in E? I looked and didn't see it on the WERA page but I could have missed it.

17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Serious question:

How many Kaw/Hon show up at the 250 races nowadays?

How many are Hondas?

This class keeps
    peeking my interest every time I read about it!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've had maybe 2 of the Hondas ever. All Kawis so far.

19. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Last race at tally...Chris Steele and myself were the only hondas in the field... First ones that I've personally seen this year...new model atleast. That frankenstein dustin runs doesn't count... :D

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

If everyone had started and finished that was supposed to there would have been 7 experts and 11 novices at Tally a few weeks ago. 2 new CBR Hondas (1 finished 2nd in ex, 1 dnf), 1 Honda VTR whatchamacallit from 1973 and the rest ninjas. Good times, come join the fun.